MkIII - What's the general concensious?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "pull deep" on the master will get tubby at volume through a 4-12..
Eh, the reverb is wimpy.. Get a pedal...
If you're into heavy stuff, metal etc. and want tight attack, Id get winged C Svets...Ebay .
Watch that "pull bright" on the lead master.. At volume, it'll squeel like a stuck pig.....
I like the settings you came up with...The EMG's are nice and hot, you could probably get even lower with the vol. 1..
Good luck.. I think they have the best lead tone (aside from the IIC+) out of all the Marks...
ax. 8)

Thanks....I don't know if you caught the thread in the tubes section, but I'll be going with EHX in the preamp and EL34 sockets, and SED Winged Cs in the 6L6.

I've been trying it with the volume down, and it also sounds pretty good, but I like how I can use the guitar's volume to either clean up or get more drive out of R1 and R2 if I leave the amps volume up.

Vol - 7 pulled
Treb - 7 pulled
Bass - 4 for rock, 2 for metal, pulled
Mids - 5
Master - about 3, pulled
LD - 7 or 8
LM - a little past 3.5, pulled.

This has combined with my pickups to give me a killer clean tone, particularily on the neck, with enough room to let effects breath. Fuzz sounds awesome through this with the EQ engaged (classic V with a shallow scoop).

As a doom/stoner/sludge guitarist I've experimented with the bass up, which gives me a fat, super deep sounding clean tone, and a killer rock and roll lead. For metal, I drop the bass down to around 2 to tighten things up and let 'er rip.

I've found the crunch channel to be less than thrilling at lower volumes, but as the master volume goes up it really starts to sound good, and I'm pretty happy with the way it sounds when using the settings above.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love this amp.

I like a class A R2...For a Pagey tone, I use this:
vol1-7.5
treb-6.5
bass-0 pulled
mid-5 pulled
master-6 pulled
presence-6
reverb-10
class A
Then I set the EQ in a *slight* frown, with the highest (750) at mid line. I engage it for cleans. Nice lo-fi tone....
ax. 8)

Latest posts

Back