MkIII and Roadster live off the floor

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoG

Reaction score
Check out the link in my sig, part of one of our songs at rehearsal... this is just two room mics, and the drummer will kill me when he finds out I posted this clip because he was having a way-off day :wink:

Like I said, two room mics, so the definition isn't much, but there's some serious Mesa grind going. If you have headphones the Roadster is more on the left and the Mark is more on the right.

Sounds good mate, adding a little solo here and there would make it even better but overall its really well written. I like that chorus style thingy in the middle. The tone of both guitars is really good too especially considering this was recorded with two room mics. I kinda like the tone of the Roadster more though... :D

Wow that's a powerful kick sound for 2 room mics. Are you using the Recto Pre into the power section of the III? Sounds good man.

Thanks guys-- no, that's straight MkIII. I've done some stuff putting the rec pre into the mark power section, but it's basically just a Recto with a little more cut and less harmonic complexity. The Rec Pre's cleans and crunch tones totally blow the MkIII away, but not quite enough to make the 70-pound rack practical. If I had a bigger car I'd probably be rockin' the rack more. We've already got a Roadster in the band so the Mark lead channel works better anyway.

Re: the kick sound, seriously, all that is is one AKG 3000 condenser and some AudioTechnica that our drummer has a couple of. They'e about waist height, three feet in front of the kit, each facing one guitar amp which is about 8 feet away. It was the first positioning we tried and it works so well we haven't tried anything else. I think it works because we're catching the guitar tones in their best "throw" and we're also, as you can probably tell from the feedback, playing really loud. The Roadster especially just sounds better and better the louder you crank it.

Latest posts

Back