mkIIC- will it ever work!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alistair

Reaction score
Some of you may remember my MKIIC from a while ago- its an export, 60w, reverb, so pretty bare bones. When i got it, it turned out someone had modded it quite extensively- and to top it off it had an early circuit board so it took me along time to find a schem (someone from here finally helped me out big time).

Fast forward 6 months, it spent 3 months in the techs getting returned to original condition, only for me to get it and realise it still wasn't right (no volume, eg I could run the master on 10 and it was comfortable bedroom level).

So it went in again, I got it back, it worked ok for a couple of weeks (without sounding great, just ok). Then I turn it on about 2 weeks ago, and the thing is buzzing like crazy- but it finally sounds good :evil:

The buzz is not related to the reverb, presence, eq or gain controls- its only related to the master volume. But it's seriously loud- any idea what it could be?

I've done a full retube with no success, plus it has had a full cap job in the past year, so I don't think its in there. Any other ideas?

thanks guys, I'm just loathe to take it back to the repair man again....

start checking the grounds are all properly grounded. I honestly would say send it to mesa to have it repaired though.

wish i could send it to mesa but im in australia- probably looking at around $1500 us for the round trip plus repair, and the amp isnt worth the much...ill check the grounds though, thanks for that.

alistair said:
wish i could send it to mesa but im in australia- probably looking at around $1500 us for the round trip plus repair, and the amp isnt worth the much...ill check the grounds though, thanks for that.

well that sucks :(

Sounds like your tech is an idiot. The problems you describe are obvious and the amp shouldn't have come back to you with these issues.

Where are you in Oz?? Lab Systems or Soundworks in Melbourne would be able to sort it properly. Soundworks are the main Mesa approved service center in Melbourne. I have a list of other repairers in other states if you're interested.

Cheers!

Yeah im in melbourne- i guess I will try somebody else, I'm just very sick of continually sinking money into this amp... only for nothing to get better.

Thanks for the replies, maybe I'll try labsystems.

Back