MkIIc+ users?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me, and I'm guessing you do, too :wink: . And a few other extremely fortunate individuals. Steve Lukather? Keef Richards? That Brad guy from Nightranger? Mmmm, IIC+. Z

homer_simpson31.jpg

IIC01.jpg

I know the guy from Rammstein used to one a loaded combo. It sold on ebay a few years ago. I also think Myles from Alter Bridge owned one.

lets dig in on the Gillis stuff...while on the subject, what did watson play??
... what did Prince play?didn't he delve into boogie territory??
guys like Gilmour, Ronson,Townsend..I "figure" they were mk I dudes...
-did J Garcia delve into boogieland??my one conversation with Mike B. had some real **** funny Garcia commentary , btw :)

I read somewhere that Satriani used a IIC+ for "Flying in a blue dream", just the song, not sure about the rest of the album ?

Anyone know if that is true ?

Cheers.

What about specific solos in which the C+ was used? Any you can think of? Since I can't play one I'd like to hear one.

carlosasi said:
What about specific solos in which the C+ was used? Any you can think of? Since I can't play one I'd like to hear one.

Dude think just about every dream theater Solo ever done!

Good enough?

Shep said:
carlosasi said:

Good enough?

Well yes and no. I don't like Dream Theater or Petrucci. Just not my cup o tea. I will listen to it for the tone of the C+ but I'd more like to hear Keith or Jerry if ya know what I mean.

I would love to hear some Dead stories in lieu of a good tonal example.

Shep said:

Good enough?

Actually, Petrucci said he found the IIC+ lacking the saturation needed for leads, so he usually switched to the Recto or Mark IV when tracking them. He has used them on solos later on, but not on quite as many as people think.

lesterpaul said:
lets dig in on the Gillis stuff...while on the subject, what did watson play??
... what did Prince play?didn't he delve into boogie territory??
guys like Gilmour, Ronson,Townsend..I "figure" they were mk I dudes...
-did J Garcia delve into boogieland??my one conversation with Mike B. had some real **** funny Garcia commentary , btw :)

Prince played IIC+ long chassis amps. One sold on E-Bay many years ago. It had a "Pull Gain" face plate.

I think if you listen to Orion by metallica on tape/vinyl you can really hear a great representation of the C+ voicing on the lead channel. I mean it sounds like a really raw C+ sitting in front of you. I can't really feel it as much on the remastered stuff. But if you happen to have a Master of Puppets tape sitting around..pop that sucker in. trust me. If you haven't bought a c+ and you were wondering what it can sound like..Bingo!! There you have it.

carlosasi said:
Any Prince songs that come to mind where the C+ stands out? Purple Rain?

The first IIC+'s would have come out just as the album was finished, so I am sure they are not on the recording. I have verified that he used them on the tour. In the guide under " The Tech" is a useless tidbit.

maybe out to the public. But the album was released in 86 and the amps were from 84. Who's to say that they didn't get them earlier. Mike B. said that he had made them at least 10 of them to record with on puppets. all of them with different amounts of gain mods and power settings. but all in all i am conviced that they had them before puppets even. On some songs off of ride the lightning, I swear I can hear little fragments of boogie tone. anyhow...

Back