MKC+ COLISEUM SHOT AND HELP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merendina

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everybody guys.

I'm David from Italy and i'm new on the board,

I read almost all the forum and I've understand many important things about my C+s. I have some question about my MKIIC+ Coliseum.

rckseite_1002.jpg

717f_3.jpg

As you can see by the pics, on the front panel it's located the reverb pot that works as reverb volume, but also in the rear panel there is a knob caller "Reverb" that doesnt works. I tried to move it in the clean channel as in the lead but nothing seems to change.. The series 300 was fitted with a limiter but not in mine coliseum maybe..

DSCF3660.jpg

the pot it's wired as shown in the pic. the red to the 12at7 pin, and and the black one to the 6CG7 tubes..

thaks to everybody and excuse me for my bad english

Sincerly
David

6 415 tubes x $75 each = $450 worth of tubes alone :shock: :shock:

That's an AWESOME setup you have there my friend! Welcome aboard!!

There is glue residue over the rear plates " Reverb ". It would have had a Dymo label that said "Limit". You have a Limit circuit with out a doubt and it is exactly what you photographed from your internal shot.

I think it has been disconnected by soldering the black and red wires to the pot. In another photo I have of a limiter, it has one wire to the first lug and another to the second.

Boogiebabies said:
There is glue residue over the rear plates " Reverb ". It would have had a Dymo label that said "Limit". You have a Limit circuit with out a doubt and it is exactly what you photographed from your internal shot.

I think it has been disconnected by soldering the black and red wires to the pot. In another photo I have of a limiter, it has one wire to the first lug and another to the second.

OHHHHHHH GOD!!!

BB your incredible!

You have the view of an eagle!!
thanks for your support

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah it looks as if they have the limit circuit wired "wide open". When it is wied correctly the sound will be attenuated as you turn this control up toward 10. I found this out the hard way on a friends' Coliseum when I thought that I would put the limit control on 0 and sneak up on the volume. :lol: It was a painful experience.

JOEY B. said:
Yeah it looks as if they have the limit circuit wired "wide open". When it is wied correctly the sound will be attenuated as you turn this control up toward 10. I found this out the hard way on a friends' Coliseum when I thought that I would put the limit control on 0 and sneak up on the volume. :lol: It was a painful experience.

the red on the second lug!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joey, i will try to play with the limiter now. i will tell you if sound better or not..

i never played with limiter and you can understand what i mean... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Boogiebabies said:

thanks BB..
Limit does works! :D

merendina said:
Boogiebabies said:

thanks BB..

Magnifico !!!

Ora potete affondare il gondola mentre galleggiano vicino.

Now you can sink Gondola's as they go by. :D

Best of luck with that awesome beast.

merendina said:
Boogiebabies said:

thanks BB..

Yes, I will agree, Ed is a lifesaver. He has helped me several times with the technical aspect of my Boogies. That is what this message board should be about, people trying to help people. Far too often, opinion is mistaken for ego, and that's when the **** hits the fan. :D

JOEY B. said:
merendina said:
Boogiebabies said:

thanks BB..

Yes, I will agree, Ed is a lifesaver. He has helped me several times with the technical aspect of my Boogies. That is what this message board should be about, people trying to help people. Far too often, opinion is mistaken for ego, and that's when the sh!t hits the fan. :D

My door is always open to the NAMM.

The pleasure is all mine when a K series amp comes on with guts and a polite owner with a problem.

Thanks JB.

Boogiebabies said:
merendina said:
Boogiebabies said:

thanks BB..

Magnifico !!!

Ora potete affondare il gondola mentre galleggiano vicino.

Now you can sink Gondola's as they go by. :D

Best of luck with that awesome beast.

Hahaha!!!! your italian it's better than my English!!

Now you know what happens when the sea swallows
The land in Venice! to much Watt :lol: :lol: :D :D

Boogiebabies said:
JOEY B. said:
merendina said:
thanks BB..

Yes, I will agree, Ed is a lifesaver. He has helped me several times with the technical aspect of my Boogies. That is what this message board should be about, people trying to help people. Far too often, opinion is mistaken for ego, and that's when the sh!t hits the fan. :D

My door is always open to the NAMM.

The pleasure is all mine when a K series amp comes on with guts and a polite owner with a problem.

Thanks JB.

:D Thanks JB :D

I have some other questions and a bottle of red wine packed and ready to come in USA

:wink: :wink:

uéi venessian, speto de vegner a vederve intorno par el veneto me racomando, cosita ghe do n'ocià ala to bestia anca dal vivo! 'na volta momenti che vegnevo a sentirve a basàn ma ala fine no' ghe l'ho fata no... son curioso! scusa par el dialeto ma son trentin a dir el vero, g'ho de mo' qualche influenza vicentina :wink:

hey, I'm waiting for your next dates, so I can hear your beast in action! One day I missed one of your shows near my vilage, but I'm curious to hear you.

any dates up in switzerland ? what band should I be looking out for ?

say, david ... you got your coliseum on ebay germany in august 07, right ? I was bidding along, but got overbid towards the end ... :D

ytse_jam said:
uéi venessian, speto de vegner a vederve intorno par el veneto me racomando, cosita ghe do n'ocià ala to bestia anca dal vivo! 'na volta momenti che vegnevo a sentirve a basàn ma ala fine no' ghe l'ho fata no... son curioso! scusa par el dialeto ma son trentin a dir el vero, g'ho de mo' qualche influenza vicentina :wink:

hey, I'm waiting for your next dates, so I can hear your beast in action! One day I missed one of your shows near my vilage, but I'm curious to hear you.

The Boogie Board family..

I'm feel at home :)

bigmouth said:
any dates up in switzerland ? what band should I be looking out for ?

say, david ... you got your coliseum on ebay germany in august 07, right ? I was bidding along, but got overbid towards the end ... :D

:oops: sorry bigmouth for the outbid :wink:

Yes i bought this C+ in Germany.. Nobody was interested in this jewel because the seller wrote in the title that was only a MKIII..
I also watched the amp accidentally

:)
2 weeks ago a mkiic+ on ebay was win by a Swiss..

Was You??????? :)

hey ... nope, didn't get one 2 weeks ago ? my latest MKIIC+ is allready 6 weeks old ... :D. yes, there was quite some discussion on yours on the german boogie board (www.mesaboogie.de).

so what band are you playing in if I may ask ?

bigmouth said:
hey ... nope, didn't get one 2 weeks ago ? my latest MKIIC+ is allready 6 weeks old ... :D. yes, there was quite some discussion on yours on the german boogie board (www.mesaboogie.de).

so what band are you playing in if I may ask ?

CONGRATS!!!! i remember a little bit the amp

post a pic for all of us :lol: :lol:

I play in Merendine Atomiche,it's an italian band. we play heavy rock. a blend of Zakk 's BLS sound and somithing more rock. :twisted: :twisted:

It's so famous this coliseum?

Are you so glad to translate in english something about the discussion 'cause i can't understand german ?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back