mk2 b 1981 old freind

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluze81

Reaction score
Hi all 1st post here, I have a mk2 b 1981, sold it 10 years ago and bought it back recently, it has very low power and lots of crossover distortion, have checked all volts with new set of tubes, b+ at 445vdc, all resistors check good, I am thinking possibly filter cap/s, hopefully not a blown output transformer, I dont have much exp, with boogies and this one has reverb, graphic eq, 60/100 watt switch effects loop, any help to get this amp up and running is welcomed, and thanks for having me on the forum :)

Willkommen !!

I would clean all the pots and jacks first. The bias and filter caps are probably due for a change after 27 years if they are original. Cleaning the preamp and power tube pins is a good idea as well. How good are the preamp tubes ? The lack of power and the sense of crossover may be from a bad pre.

here's my 1981 Mark 2B, 60W w/GEQ

boogieheadshotavybx5.jpg

about a year ago, i had it completely gone over, with new caps and replaced anything that was out of spec.

boogieguts1ol2xr4.jpg

Latest posts

Back