MK V Lateral Change -->NAD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAZZGEAR

Reaction score
Went from this:

RigPic1-1.jpg

to this (my back thanks me btw):

IMG_3185.jpg

man you must be getting old!!!(teasing)

if it makes it so you can move and use it then never look back.it is still a really nice rig,

but you are going to do a lot more bending if you adjust stuff.maybe find some kind of large heavy stand to have it up on so you don't have to bend to plug in or anything, if your back is that bad

and happy new amp day!!

curley-maple said:
man you must be getting old!!!(teasing)

if it makes it so you can move and use it then never look back.it is still a really nice rig,

but you are going to do a lot more bending if you adjust stuff.maybe find some kind of large heavy stand to have it up on so you don't have to bend to plug in or anything, if your back is that bad

and happy new amp day!!

I am doing mostly gigs where I am sitting down near my amp (so that's why this form factor makes more sense for me now).

looks like you lost a speaker? I like the first setup better. One open back and one ported / closed back. Great mix of sound, IMO. Plus, your colors were nice. I think Cocoa Bronco is awesome but I got the black because it was available. I like this amp so much I could have a head and combo and be happy. Nice both ways. Nice PRS too.

Mark%20V%20with%20Thiele.JPG

Why did you go with the express 23 cab? Does it sound different than the standard widebody 1x12 (almost the same dimension and open back as well) And how come no ported option?

was it a matter of whats in stock?

Hendog said:
JAZZGEAR said:
Went from this:

to this (my back thanks me btw):

Did you already sell that extension cab??? I would be interested, if not.

In exchange for buying the PRS pictured, I was allowed to exchange my MK V rig for the head/cab.

I agree that the first setup was much nicer in terms of sound. But I plan to order the 1x12 WB Ported cab in black (w/V30) for a mini-stack setup.

dmcguitar said:
Why did you go with the express 23 cab? Does it sound different than the standard widebody 1x12 (almost the same dimension and open back as well) And how come no ported option?

was it a matter of whats in stock?

For no other reason...than after buying the PRS, it was all I could afford (it was used for $200); plus it has a great open sound for the cleans. I plan on adding the WB Ported cab w/v30 in the spring.

****, I was hoping there was some secret to the express cab sounding better than the widebody ahahhah. As far as i can see the express is 2 inches taller and thats the only non asthetic difference, well i guess the back is different too. Don't know if that makes a difference in an open back tone.

how does the head / cab sound vs your old cab?

(im about to order and trying to get as much info before taking the plunge)

Hey, nice little rig....very similar to mine. You'll probably notice a big difference once you add the WB ported with the V30. It will fill out the sound.

I'm running two 1X12 cabinets. The top cab is a Mesa 1/2 open widebody with an EV12L. The bottom cab is a LOPO closed back with a WGS V30 speaker. They sound great together, and super portable.
IMG_0145.JPG

dmcguitar said:
****, I was hoping there was some secret to the express cab sounding better than the widebody ahahhah. As far as i can see the express is 2 inches taller and thats the only non asthetic difference, well i guess the back is different too. Don't know if that makes a difference in an open back tone.

how does the head / cab sound vs your old cab?

(im about to order and trying to get as much info before taking the plunge)

My old WB ported cab had a V30 in it. I have to honestly say it is he best combo for the V, great grea crunch and leads..smooth, while with the open back alone it lacked bottom end, and the distortion was a bit harsh (do doubt due to the unbroken-in stiff speaker).

That little 1x12 WB ported cab packs alot of sound. HUge sound. On the other hand the Express WB open back cab sounds >>>> than the combo did, especially the cleans...Leads improved as well. There's a bit more low-end too, plus the open back really fills the room nicely.

Latest posts

Back