Mk IV W/Body C90 alternative speaker fit

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lento

Reaction score
Just checking to see if anyone has swapped the Celestion C90 in their Mk IV Wide body for an EVM 12L, Eminence Delta Pro or indeed any other.

They both look to have bigger cages than the C90, Is there enough room ?
With the extra weight, Is it enough to just use the 4 holes from the C90 fitting ?

thanks
Lyn

You can find dimensions on EVs on the internet. I would measure. You can fit one in a compact combo so I bet you can fit one in a widebody.

I was fine with the four screws but I added four more just be safe.

Seems like I remember there being a front to rear clearance issue if the EV is mounted to the rear of the baffle board. Front mount the EV with eight screws and then get yourself a back brace. :lol: :lol: :lol: Neither the EV nor the Eminence Delta Pro are a featherweight speaker.

Unfortunately no-one here seems to stock those Weber models mentioned but they do look as if they'd make a better fit. I did have a Chicago model in a Musicman combo that sounded decent.

Reading through the archives, I see this subject has cropped up before and it seems the reverb unit has to be removed as well.
All things considered, I may just wait until an EV thiele turns up ......

Lyn

lento said:
Unfortunately no-one here seems to stock those Weber models mentioned but they do look as if they'd make a better fit. I did have a Chicago model in a Musicman combo that sounded decent.

Reading through the archives, I see this subject has cropped up before and it seems the reverb unit has to be removed as well.
All things considered, I may just wait until an EV thiele turns up ......

Lyn
Hi Lyn,

You know Webers are made to order. That's why you have the option to spec your Webers to tailor fit your sound.

Some retailers, predominately US ones, do have Webers on stock - price is the same though. These models not being the bread-n-butter ones there's no guarantee they would be available anyway. That's no to say the Hi Pow series aren't as good speakers as the British and Vintage Series.

If you call Weber and ask for Ted, he will tell you exactly how each speaker will sound.

He can even spec out which one you need based on your style & tone.

The guy is great.

I called him and said that I played hard rock and classic rock, and occasionally metal. He said to get the Thames speaker. It sounded great.

They will also break the speaker in for you. This means that when you get it, it will sound the way it should.

Latest posts

Back