Mk IV serial

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this really a smart idea? People often use valid serial numbers to fake things. I am not sure that I would post a complete serial number here. Maybe you guys should go back and edit to at least remove the last two digits in favor of a pair of XX's. For example, IV-0000XX what ever your # is. At least this way there is less of a chance that your amp will become the center of fraud.

This would be a cool thing in an honest world but I would hate to hear about someone getting screwed. There again, it would be cool if someone had had their amp stolen then recovered it by reading this thread too. The cool part wouldn't be the loss here obviously, just the recovery provided the new owner was properly compensated.

ok, so this seems like a semi-valid concern, but really... how hard is it for someone to just make up a serial number? here it goes... IV01265

it's such a simple numbering scheme, i think if someone really wanted to fake it they wouldn't have to look on a forum they just have to make up a 4 or 5 digit number...

that being said, i'm still not posting mine :shock:

I think a better post would have been production dates. Then if anyone was curious about each other's S/N they could PM each other.

I would say 91/92.

Mine is a pretty early one by S/N and it was built in Sep. 1990.

welshboogie said:
AART said:
welshboogie said:
MKIVA '91 Shortbody Combo - IV5424

Are you shure about that?

Mine is 5221 and april '92....

A very late A I guess...

Yep, def an A, I'll have a look on the build tags tonight for dates etc.

Well, had a quick look and e-mailed Mesa - they reckoned 97/98!!! - must be a new employee!! - looked on the build tags - 2/93 - as AART said - a late A.

Latest posts

Back