MK IV: rack depth?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fdesalvo

Reaction score
Mornin'! Coffee is kicking in and wheels are turning! I'm kicking around the idea of getting a rack for the short head. What is a good depth to consider? If I go this route, I'll likely get some other common rack pieces like a delay, wireless, or power conditioner. Any ideas?

I found that my mark iii is 10", and most of the other FX units I need are also 10", so I'm going with 10". :)

Uh, well I'm a cheap ******* so I'm ordering a no name brand from china(where I live), it's an 8u for about 100 bucks. No idea if it's well built, it's pretty much a gamble.

I just went rackmount with my Mark III, and got a Gator 12U. I thought the extended face might not be recessed enough, but it was. I'm very pleased so far. I need to invest in a power conditioner though to clean up noise from crappy ground wiring from other people houses (mine's fine, but random places aren't so hot...) Monster and Furman make good ones in the $100-$150 range.

About power conditioners, I'm trying to find one that also steps down from 220v to 110v, but I can't find anything that's rackmount, only big blocky ones, anyone know where I could find a rackmount step down transformer/conditioner?

Back