Mk III R2 mod question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camsna

Reaction score
Do y'all find that R2 gets 'much' louder than R1 after having this mod done?

DERP! 25k pot instead of 250k...

Gotsta go get a new'n...

Yeah. With the 25k pot - R2 volume is adjustable, but still (significantly) quieter than R1. It was starting to make me think I was nuts!!!

When wiring up the 250K pot, make sure that you connect it so that as you turn up the pot (0-10), the resistance is increasing (0-250). It works backwards from what you would think. :shock:

Is this mod online somewhere that I could look at it? I don't think I'd want to give up the reverb or the direct out, but I'm interested in what it does, schematically speaking.

bloodspoint said:
Is this mod online somewhere that I could look at it? I don't think I'd want to give up the reverb or the direct out, but I'm interested in what it does, schematically speaking.

It is here with a search and a few dead links (pics) that pick up again with pictures etc. I did look at it all a few weeks ago and I did eventually have it all in front of me if I were to do it myself. I don't have any saved links but I found it all here.

For waht it's worth, It is an easy mod BUT I already had mine in the Petaluma Mesa mother of gawd house, so I asked Mike B to do it for me.... (I "could" have done it myself!)

bloodspoint said:

Read this thread about a no compromise R2 Volume mod. 8)

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=25347&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

JOEY B. said:
bloodspoint said:

Read this thread about a no compromise R2 Volume mod. 8)

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=25347&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

That's an excellent approach, and it looks like there's plenty of room in there. Thanks!

I may change my 250k audio taper pot to a linear taper pot. The pot I used seems to be super sensitive and the volume changes drastically from 0 to 1. :(

Back