Mk III Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar Adjuster

Reaction score
Hello,

Don't post here much as I usually hang out a Metro Amps but recently I have gotten more into Boogies. I just purchased a MK III, I think it's a black stripe as there is a small black mark on the back with the initials "MB", the serial # is 16234. It has the EQ, reverb, and the 60/100 switch, loaded with 4 6l6's. It's the head version. Can anyone help me date this thing and what is the best way to get the lead channel to sound identical to a IIC+? Thanks for the help.

Allen

It's probably an 85. The tech date is written in marker on the bottom of the chassis. Being so early, it probably has the big 105 transformer. It is a powerful brute, but as far as the IIC+ tone, you will have to tweak. The Black dot or III + was the first in the series.

Here is a link to the best source of MK III info anywhere, courtesy of Ian.

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/dot.html

Enjoy.

it's the same one I have. I love it. It can hold it's own with almost anything IMO. It's my "Brit-Kicker" Funny as long as Mesa's been around, my Mk III still surprises some people. :twisted:

Back