MK III Purple to final version

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramseyron

Reaction score
I just got a purple and was wondering how to go about upgrading it to the final MK III revision.

Thanks,
Ron

I would not do it.

The stipes are all unique in their own way. Turning a Purple stripe and turning it Green would be taking away from the heritage and "uniqueness" of the amp.

Jarrod said:
I would not do it.

The stipes are all unique in their own way. Turning a Purple stripe and turning it Green would be taking away from the heritage and "uniqueness" of the amp.

I agree. By all means it is your amp and if you think you will enjoy it more that way then go for it. But you always want to take into thought that if you like the way the amp sounds I wouldn't risk it. I would just look for an additional green stripe amp. For instance, I recently sent back an old .50+ head to Mesa. It was my first mesa and the one of the best sounding amps I've ever played/heard (I would rank it with the Mark IV, maybe even better for rhythym. Anyways, I had it sent back to build a brand new cab for it and replace all the knobs, sliders and switches. Pretty much make it all brand new from the outside. I was thinking of asking them to see if they could mod it by adding two extra power tubes (2 EL-34's to tighten up the amp like the Mark IV) but realised I would never want to change or possibly ruin a perfectly good amp that has it's own voice and identity. Basically, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, I rambled on too much about me. Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for!!!

Why a green stripe ? why not the IIIc+ ... With the r2 volume mod & full check up .
That is if you are sending it to Mesa , anyway .

Call mesa and get a quote/find out you options .

:D

Latest posts

Back