MK III is this one...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnster

Reaction score
I am looking at this MK III. Would this one be considered one of the "high gain" heads or were they made later? I want something to compliment my Stiletto Ace and dont really wanna shell out the cash for the Mark IV. What should I ask this seller? It looks clean and the price seems good...any help?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-III-Amplifier-Head-Marshall-Tones_W0QQitemZ250103758993QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cool..thanks for the advice. Does the Mark IV get as heavy as the MK III?

Well, I don't think it's all that bad a deal. However I question whether it's a Simul-Class or not... I don't see the toggle on the back. Also it doesn't appear to have reverb either, which may or may not be important. As to the stripe, you can always just ask the seller... he may not know about the striping, or forgot it, or whatever...

I don't think the price is too out of line. I sold my long chassis green stripe last year for almost $800 and it was cosmetically thrashed (not by me) with lots of missing tolex and some spray paint funny business. While I got more than I probably should have for mine, Rabies, you need to realize your deal for a head and 4x12 was pretty bottom-feeder and does not represent the current market for MkIII stuff IMHO. I watched a minty greenie long head like mine go for $1,200 last year on Ebay (B.I.N.), so it all depends on who is looking and how bad they want what they are looking at at that moment in time. Z

How many 60/100 MK III's do you see as of the purple stripe ?
Even before that you rarely see them after 85/86 if at all.

Maybe one of you could find out when the MK III was standardized as a Simul-Class so we can pull it out of the X-File?

gunmen.jpg

Back