MK IIc+ v. MK III Blue Stripe

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ouiji1873 said:
Thanks guys for all the dialogue. This type of conversation is exactly what I am looking for in this forum in providing me with valuable information. I respect all of your opinions as you all spend enough time to post on an amp forum truly shows your passion with the Mesa Boogie Mark amps. I am typically a more progressive player, but I really like the idea of having that much control over tone with amp response to pick attack. I think I have found a new home here with individuals that have the same respect and passion with these amps. By the way…my wife is really pissed at all of you since your words are encouraging me to invest in a $3500 amp.

You end up with good fenderish cleans thru Dr. Z on channel one, and then metal with that dynamic control on the high gain side. It is like getting a few great amps.

My IIC has an appointment with Mike B to get the conversion to a +. I was sold on the amp for channel 1. Mesa says the mod makes it slightly better as well.

Good luck finding a nice one. Hopefully you can play a tele and a hot pickup guitar thru it. I am considering what gear I may sell off in a while.

FWIW - with a tele and a little delay you can play the old Zep classic The Rain Song. That is a good one to convince the spousal unit that you must have this amp :)

Take that Blue Stripe, put in the R2 Volume mod, C30 mod, and a Pentode/Triode switch for the Class-A sockets. You will then have a whipass amplifier, for the money.

JoeyB

Can you tell me what the C30 mod is.

cheers

Casey

kc_ksom said:
Take that Blue Stripe, put in the R2 Volume mod, C30 mod, and a Pentode/Triode switch for the Class-A sockets. You will then have a whipass amplifier, for the money.

JoeyB

Can you tell me what the C30 mod is.

cheers

Casey
this might contain info you need...
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=c30%20mod%20mark%20iii&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CEsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grailtone.com%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D27%26t%3D48388&ei=b_zqT6GBJYWy8QTSncW_BQ&usg=AFQjCNHEsn6D5bao8wDKmYZqrLNWS8HDNA&sig2=zc3iLitodQxZAzH6uGedxg

Hey lesterpaul,

How'd the trial with the Fender Deluxe Reverb go?

I have a reissue (modded) and I actually find myself playing it a fair bit more than my IIC to IIC+ boogie. Especially with my strat. For many types of sounds, it's dynamics and looseness just feel way more natural and right than the clean channel on the boogie.

What did you think?

Chip

Thanks for showing that link for me, I read just about every thing related, funny thing when I do a search I get 0 results.

I am really enjoying the blue stripe Mark III, its an amp I reckon it could even make you play better :mrgreen:

Casey

chipaudette said:
Hey lesterpaul,

How'd the trial with the Fender Deluxe Reverb go?

I have a reissue (modded) and I actually find myself playing it a fair bit more than my IIC to IIC+ boogie. Especially with my strat. For many types of sounds, it's dynamics and looseness just feel way more natural and right than the clean channel on the boogie.

What did you think?

Chip
it is a 65 deluxe no reverb,and man....It has a great feel to it-soo many classic tones came easily-I played strat,LP, and 335 and the looseness comment is accurate-and sooo simple...I didn't/couldn't do a straight up A/B comparison, but I do know this: my 335 sounds like heaven thru both!when I used strat, it seemed like the amp commanded me to play certain licks/riffs-it was auto pilot
-yep,the real thing is sweet!

Latest posts

Back