MK IIb used prices anybody????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesCarr

Reaction score
I'm looking into a MkIIb I'm new to MESA products but not the sound :oops: What should the price be for a good used one in excellent condition :?: I haven't been able to play through it since I would have to travel a long distance. I have my trepidations about buying some thing not played on.
I went to local music shop and tried a new MKI reissue and loved it a real miniature flame thrower. I didn't get a chance to try the MKIV but it looks like it has a big learning curve :?

In excellent condition, I've seen heads go for around $750...Combo's would be around $150 more.

I have a IIB head, but it's a little beat up, Twas $650.

I agree with those prices, they seems about right in my experience. And then there are the few sellers that need money fast so they go a bit cheaper. Condition is another thing and options (100/60w, Reverb, Hardwood, etc.) of course. To add even more variables there's the guy with a bunch of money and just wants one and will just pay all the money. No waiting, just let me have it. Just keep you eyes peeled and check the local listings and of course e-bay. About 4 months ago I bought a Mark IIA in great shape 60w, Reverb, black tolex, original footswitch and cover with EV12L for $650 on the ol'-bay.

Hope this helps!

Heads - loaded ~ $600 to $700
Combos - loaded ~ $750 to $1050

With hardwood, add about $500 more

The IIB is still THE best deal out there for a Mark amp. I love them and have three of them. I would highly suggest one if you can get it at a good price.

BWK

Latest posts

Back