MK II A converted to SC question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antennahead

Reaction score
Hi guys, longtime lurker, finally joined the board. I have a MK II A I have owned since new. Around 2001 I sent it back to Boogie and Mike Bendinelli converted it to simul class for me. I stuck with 6L6s in all 4 sockets at that time. I am now wanting to try EL 34s in the outside 2 positions, as I have seen many others do, and as was recommended by boogie in later editions. I tried searching but couldn't find an answer to this question. Since this was originally a MkII A that was converted, can I just swap in the EL 34s in the outside 2 sockets with no bias adjustments needed, or is that an issue here since this is a convert, not a later MK version that was factory built with simul class. I've left 2 messages at Mesa, but they must be busy, can't get a return call. Thanks for your help.

John

update: finally talked to a tech at Boogie, he said I can run EL34s in the outside position with no re-bias needed.

Back