Mini Rectifier Tone Controls Interactivity

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DR5Guy

Reaction score
Hello All!

I got my Mini Recto about an year ago and am still in love with this little amp. It is just too hard to dial bad tone out of it.

However, one thing I still don't get (and I read the manual few times) is the "interactivity" of the EQ. Can you please provide some simple examples to help me understand how the EQ controls affect each other? Also, is there some sort of algorithm you follow when dialing the tone settings (highs first, etc.)?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

DR5Guy said:
Hello All!

I got my Mini Recto about an year ago and am still in love with this little amp. It is just too hard to dial bad tone out of it.

However, one thing I still don't get (and I read the manual few times) is the "interactivity" of the EQ. Can you please provide some simple examples to help me understand how the EQ controls affect each other? Also, is there some sort of algorithm you follow when dialing the tone settings (highs first, etc.)?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Hello and welcome to the board.

Don't get too hung up on the tech things, just remember that there are no rules, & to EQ with your EARS, not your eyes.

Start with the EQs at 12:00 and season to taste. The biggest interaction is that as you raise the Treble past noon the Bass & Mid controls will have less effect on the signal. Raising the Treble will also add gain to the signal. Raising the Gain past 12:00-1:00 will add more saturation, but will make the EQ controls less effective.

Good luck, Rock On!
Dom

Back