Mini rectifier Rackmount

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Lonerock

Reaction score
I'm thinking about rackmounting my mini rectifier and I was wondering if any of you has performed this yet ?
I'd like Mesa to sell a mini rectifier 3u rackmount enclosure !!!
That would be super cool...
Anyway if you have any inputs, let's post your pics 8)

This little recto really rocks !

Seanthesheep said:
Isnt the mini recto too wide to be rackmounted?

It's anything but wide. I've seen a few in rollable racks now (sitting where the head goes) and it's pretty hilarious looking! :lol:

Chris_Lonerock said:
I'd like Mesa to sell a mini rectifier 3u rackmount enclosure !!!
That would be super cool...
That's a very good idea!

You could build your own "wings" from 2"x2"angle-iron and bolt it to the aluminum cab of the amp. Just measure the width you would need from the edge of the head to reach the rack on each side and drill the holes for two rack screws and two head bolts on each side, cut it to the same height as the head, bolt it to the head, secure to the rack and you have a rackmount!

I'm interested in doing this also. Trying to figure out the best way..

F23C2B24-05F8-4B61-BD53-A74D6E27844A-4265-0000048E8E34EC17.jpg

Just sitting in there with no mounts or nothing right now. I sold the Gmajor cause I think pedals sound better in the loop on the Mini.

The whole rack-mount thing sounds great. Adam, I know you've already considered the cooling issue.

KiwiJoe said:
The whole rack-mount thing sounds great. Adam, I know you've already considered the cooling issue.

Yea would be great protection for the amp too, but.. I'm just wondering if I would regret cause I also like just the ease of carrying the small thing in its bag to shops and friends houses to jam. I'd only want rack-mounted so I could plug into my Furman PL+II so it could be protected from power spikes. It saved the hell out of my Mark V more than a couple times.

I rack mounted a Soldano GTO pedal that was large and Heavy into my rack by attaching it to a rack shelf that had pre fabbed holes in the bottom. I secured the feet of the GTO unit by attaching it to the shelf from underneath, attaching the screws from its rubber feet mounts and back into the unit. ( I left the feet on the unit to provide space for air flow and to keep it from moving. Worked like a charm. If the mini has rubber feet mounts, (not sure as I don't own one), then you should be good to go.

I gigged mercilessly with it for 3 years and it stayed there with out incident. If cooling is an issue try getting a single rack space unit from procool. I currently use there turbo vent 400, (tv400) in my rack with my 4 space Ractifier head. It is awesome.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Tom

Latest posts

Back