Mini Rectifier + DIY Isolation Cabinet (Eminence/Sennheiser)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KhzDonut

Reaction score
This is the first recording I've done with the Mini Rectifier since I got it a month ago (hard to believe it's been that long!)

Can't say enough good things about this amp. Got a variety of clean and rhythm tones in the video, though the lead tone is primarily just my clean tone with a VFE Pedals Killer Rabbit producing most of the "lead" aspect of the tone. The high gain rhythm is the Killer Rabbit's "The Scream" circuit acting as a clean boost like a standard TS808 clone type of thing.

DIY Iso Cab is loaded with an Eminence Swamp Thang 12" and a Sennheiser e906

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pktPBAt3uT8

*edit* If anybody is at all interested in the creation process of the DIY Iso Cab, you can check out the build thread on SevenString.org here:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...e-sennheiser-worlds-angriest-cat-content.html

Congrats on the video and the cabinet. Pretty slick video production, and the music was cool and well executed. And the effort on the cabinet was commendable. If you had to do it over again, would you go DIY or spend a little extra dosh and buy one?

Oh, and congrats on the Mini Rec. I've had mine for about a year and still in love with the amp; using mine playing live in a trio with the matching Mini Cab and V30. The fact that our musical styles are drastically different yet both well served by the little wonder from Mesa is testament to its versatility.

KiwiJoe said:
If you had to do it over again, would you go DIY or spend a little extra dosh and buy one?

I'd do it again. Largely because I just enjoy these kinds of projects, but the other driving factors are cost and features. For the price (around $500-600) I don't think any of the other isolation cabinets really have what I'd be looking for, but it's hard to say without actually trying them. Things like the removable baffle are important to me because I want to do lots of speaker swapping for tone-chasing. The snakey-tunnels really do seem to help cut down on the boxiness too, though I imagine just making the main chamber of the cabinet much much bigger would give a similar result.

The other motivation for doing it again would be to just do it better! :mrgreen:

I'd probably just use 1/2 birch ply for the whole thing, denser foam, easier access, etc... So many things I could change to make it better, and probably even a bit cheaper. In the end I just love to tinker and test things out, so I'll take any chance I can get.

KiwiJoe said:
The fact that our musical styles are drastically different yet both well served by the little wonder from Mesa is testament to its versatility.

Seriously, it's impressive how versatile this thing is. I'd been lusting after a Mark V forever, but that's just more amp than I need/could afford. The Mini pretty much does everything I could want it to do, even if some of those things require a little coercion at times :lol:

sprocket said:
Love the vid man .

Thanks, Sproket :)

Latest posts

Back