Might go from Mark IIB to Series 1 Rectoverb....yay or nay?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHysteria

Reaction score
guys, what do you think? i haven't been getting good oomph from the mark and it seems pretty muddy sometimes. i guess i don't know how to dial in a good tone. i want some really nice distortion though. what's the difference between series 1 and 2 of the rectoverb?

btw, how much does the rectoverb series 1 112 (50watts) weigh?

65+lbs

It's heavy as hell but, you got more gain than you know wtf. Yeah, i know...

I was thinking a MKIV but I just keep playing the series II. Everytime I plug in i'm smiling. I'm still searching for the tone i want and it may take different pre tubes as it gets fizzy. I still love the feel of the amp. That's why i bought it ... tight and tunable. I'm just searching for more with tube variations. I would like a smoother gradual preamp clip and searching for that tube.

As for the difference in I and II, I believe it's II has RAW mode on channel 2 and also II has bias select switch to run EL34's. The I doesn't have these features. I know of no benefit in tone of not having these options.

Hard to say, but I'm kinda in the same dilemna....

i've had a Mark-IV for over 4 years now, and STILL haven't been able to dial in my tone....

I recently bought a Single Rectifier Solo 50 Series 1 head....
This is same as Rectoverb without the reverb...

I gotta say, the Rectifier seems to be more to my liking than the Mark-IV. I know many would say I'm crazy, but I guess the Solo 50 is more plug and play than the Mark-IV, and perhaps, I'm just tired of playing with all the knobs on the Mark-IV...too frustating, etc....perhaps TOOOOOO versatile!.

I am still debating which is my primary amp, and maybe I'm liking the Recto more because it's the newer amp.....

In all honesty, I've had the Mark-iv and only gigged with it ONCE...way too loud...I play small clubs and even the Solo 50 can be alittle too loud, but the Mark-IV was SURELY too loud...

Bought both amps used....I retubed the Mark-IV, etc., even thought of going the attenuator route, but just can't justify spending more money on the Mark-IV..

I only hope if I get rid of the Mark-IV, I don't regret it...hahahahaha

Actually yeah, I don't feel like spending more money on my Mark IIB. The most I can do is probably a boost pedal, but I can't jusitfy spending more. I mean, I bought the Mesa because of it's distortion and overdrive, but I can't seem to dial it in yet. Tried decreasing bass/mids, increasing it makes it so muddy. Pretty frustrating.

Sometimes I feel like getting a Fender Blues Deluxe and running a cheap distortion pedal.

Anyways, 65+ lbs for the Rectoverb? Aw man

TheHysteria said:
guys, what do you think? i haven't been getting good oomph from the mark and it seems pretty muddy sometimes. i guess i don't know how to dial in a good tone. i want some really nice distortion though. what's the difference between series 1 and 2 of the rectoverb?

btw, how much does the rectoverb series 1 112 (50watts) weigh?

I went from a Mark IIB to a rectoverb mainly because the distortion is much more focused on the low end . They are two completely different sounds though .

hmm, i think i'm going to stick with the mark series. for now anyways.

go vintage!

Back