Might as well be the first at _something_ ... :-)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcmanus

Reaction score
Hello! I see no one has posted here yet, so I figured I'd take the honors... I don't think most people realize this is where you talk about cabs, as well as bass amps. Anyhoo...

I just bought me a 2x12 3/4-back cab, and I've got to say I love it! I just have a few questions about it, though:

1.) It's a mono cab, so I was wondering how I would use the slave out (or whatever it's called).

2.) Can you do weird tricks like wiring two 8-ohm cabs in parallel to get the power amp to run in 4-ohm (and potentially squeeze more power out of it) the way you can with car stereo?

Just curious, thanks!

mcmanus said:
2.) Can you do weird tricks like wiring two 8-ohm cabs in parallel to get the power amp to run in 4-ohm (and potentially squeeze more power out of it) the way you can with car stereo?

No. You can run them in parallel at 4ohms, but using the 4ohm tap you'll still get the same amount of output as you would using the 8ohm tap to run an 8ohm load.

Latest posts

Back