Mids on Ch3/Mrk IV setting

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjk1138

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the mid knob do almost nothing to the sound on the Mark IV setting on Ch 3? I am moving it as I play a chord and it seems to make no difference.

I have tried this with the EQ/preset off, and also with the Preset EQ on. I've lowere the gain and cranked it - no difference.

Or am I missing something?

I agree with what you both said - almost like it's more of an "attack" knob, and definitely has less tonal shaping than on a Dual Rec or a Roadster. You really don't notice it until you play some chords, mutes, etc.

fjk1138 said:
I agree with what you both said - almost like it's more of an "attack" knob, and definitely has less tonal shaping than on a Dual Rec or a Roadster. You really don't notice it until you play some chords, mutes, etc.

That's a characteristic of a Boogie EQ. It shapes the feel of the amplifier as much or more than the sound of the amplifier. It's why some people have a really hard time dialling them in.

Back