Midi Mouse vs Midi Xchange

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctc

Reaction score
I have my Eventide Timefactor mounted on top of my Mark V so that I can easily manipulate its knobs on the fly during improvisational jam sessions (and it's connected to the amps effect loop). I use the Mark V footswitch and the Fulltone Clyde Wah out in front of the amp.

I also use a Digitech FS3X three-button auxiliary switch for these 6 Timefactor's functions: toggle between bank and play modes, infinite repeat on, tap tempo, loop record, loop play, and loop stop. I also use an Ernie Ball VP Jr expression pedal plugged directly into the Timefactor. While functional, these devices will not allow me to additionally step through and select the Timefactor's presets.

So, I need a MIDI foot controller that will allow me to step up and down through the Timefactor's presets. I do not need to replace the excellent Mark V footswitch, nor do I need amp switching.

The simplest MIDI devices that I have found to provide the functionality that I need are the Tech21 Midi Mouse and the Rocktron Midi Xchange. If anyone has used one or both of these devices, could you please share with me your thoughts on them?

Latest posts

Back