Midi Controls you have

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heritage Softail

Reaction score
I have two amps, MKV and Single Rec, and would like to use a midi controller to control them to switch between channels and amps. Will have an effects unit in the mix as well. Do you have a live rig like similar? Please share what you have and how you did it.

Thx,

Joe

You well find it difficult to use more than one amp wet ..... with out building a W/D/W rig.

I use a GCP/GCX system.

I use two amps .... One that is mostly preamp distortion (wet), this amp runs all the time. The other one that is mostly poweramp distortion (dry). This one is turned on and off with presets.

All the effects are in the rack and about a dozen amps that I can use any one or two with this rig.

I still have about 50 pedals .... that I can switch in / out of the rack on 2 shelf's. The only digital effect I still use is a TC Electronic G Major. I sold the rest a while back.

There is a lot more detail .... if you have any Q ?

I was looking at an A/B/Y box for running 2 amps, it puts the B signal out of phase with the A amp. That company also makes several midi controllers, mentioned on this forum. On the surface, with a noob understanding of things. that seems like a good start. I want both amps on, Rec for riff, MKV for leads and all tones Marshall or HiWatt. Am I on the right track?

Heritage Softail said:
I was looking at an A/B/Y box for running 2 amps, it puts the B signal out of phase with the A amp. That company also makes several midi controllers, mentioned on this forum. On the surface, with a noob understanding of things. that seems like a good start. I want both amps on, Rec for riff, MKV for leads and all tones Marshall or HiWatt. Am I on the right track?

You are leaving out so much information .... I have no idea what you are asking ?

What A/B/Y make and model ?
How does 4 amps work into this ~ Rec / MKV/ Hiwatt / Marshall ?
What does MIDI have to do with any of this ?

I and probably everyone else is not going too be able to teach this stuff to you on a forum. You need to do more homework and have more direct Q ..... too get anywhere.

He dude; I have GCX, GCP and g-major, but when I wanna use the triple rectifier external switching to link with GCX, the channel 2 is active by default, thats ok? I can only change CH1, CH3, SOLO, Ch2 is alwas ON, there is another way to change the channels?? I heard abiut a custom cable to Recto´s Footswith midi in, how I can do this???

Latest posts

Back