midi controller

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
I have a Triaxis, 2:90 power amp and eventually a G-Major. Which midi controller would work best. I think right now, I am between a Rocktron Midi-Mate or a Ground Control (not the pro, I can't afford it)

thanks

if you want to control things via midi... you might as well spend the money and get a good one that has lots of options, ease of use, and great programability, rather than getting one simply because it's cheaper. And in my opinion, that midi board is the ground control pro. you can usually find them for $300 on ebay. i love mine. I have the bottom four buttons set for preset changes and the eight buttons above that turn on and off individual effects within those presets.(cc's) their are many different options with this board and it only took me about an hour to figure out how to work it. It's nice during a live show too..for instance when i turn on a preset for one of our songs, it will say the song name on it's display, and each of the effects i'm using for that song light up on the little leds below the buttons so i know what's on. and it has two expression pedal inputs which is nice. seriously an awesome midi board.

All depends on how elaborate you want your pedal to be. If your just looking for basic switching {i.e. just program patches and no c.c. stuff then you can get away with a pedal for as low as $25-50. I just pickes up an ART X-12 for that price used and keep it as my backup. I use the GC Pro and am looking to up to the Access FX1, but in case someone steps on it or it gets beer splilled on it by some drunk at a gig, I will be able to still keep going with the ART. Figure out exactly what you need it to do and then make a buy based on that. :)

oneamongthefence said:
if you want to control things via midi... you might as well spend the money and get a good one that has lots of options, ease of use, and great programability, rather than getting one simply because it's cheaper. And in my opinion, that midi board is the ground control pro. you can usually find them for $300 on ebay. i love mine. I have the bottom four buttons set for preset changes and the eight buttons above that turn on and off individual effects within those presets.(cc's) their are many different options with this board and it only took me about an hour to figure out how to work it. It's nice during a live show too..for instance when i turn on a preset for one of our songs, it will say the song name on it's display, and each of the effects i'm using for that song light up on the little leds below the buttons so i know what's on. and it has two expression pedal inputs which is nice. seriously an awesome midi board.
I also use the Ground Contol Pro & GCX switcher and I have it set up the same way you do. It's a very effective setup, and well worth the money.

I would love to get one of those units, but unfortunately, I don't have that much money to spend right now. In the future, definitely. I want something that is affordable, pretty easy to program and reliable. I was looking at either the Ground Control (not pro) or the Rocktron Midi-Mate. I am open to other suggestions and appreciate your help!!

John

For your set up you don't need nothing special. The triaxis will patch with your fx unit and the 2:90 via midi switch.

Does anyone know if the Ground Control Pro can be phantom powered from a G-Force.//Thanks

i have mine powered from my triaxis, im not too sure about the gmajor, but yes the GCP has phantom power.

I have the bottom four buttons set for preset changes and the eight buttons above that turn on and off individual effects within those presets

what gear are you using to do that? and how would you set it up? im interested in doing that as i only have 2 sounds i use, and i dont want to create 5 or 6 channels just for different effects

EDIT: Nevermind, i had a good read of all my manuals and i sorted it out myself

You may find that you need a footcontroller that can send multiple messages each on its own MIDI channel. This will allow you to control separate FX and the Triaxis independently. Cheap footcontrollers can't do this.

[email protected] says on another board that he will be selling a Digitech PMC-10 on e-bay in a couple of days. The PMC-10 can send multiple messages, and can be had (used) for less than a new Ground Control Pro.

For the money the Midi Mate is a great choice...I had one and sold it because it only handles 1 exp pedal and I thought I would be adding a second one. I never did and wish I still I still had the Midi Mate

Latest posts

Back