Metallica via Mesa/Boogie Mark III video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

I'd say the Rane is pretty key in dialing in the kind of sound I was looking for, as although the graphic EQ is great on the Mark series I still couldn't tame the mids the way I wanted to. I do boost a specific low frequency and a high to add some character to the tone and that's really easy to do with the Rane. I also had a spectrum analyzer open while I was fiddling with the EQ when i first got it which was amazing to see since you could make it sound like anything you wanted. I don't notice any noise from the EQ at all, so I would recommend the PE15 for sure. It's cheap and really customizable.

Nice to see another guy from Toronto really enjoying the Mark III. I also have a redstripe, and was wondering where you got your PE15. I am also wondering about the spectrum analyzer. Is it a program that you ran while recording into your computer?

Hey, the PE15 was bought off ebay.

The spectrum analyzer is a VST plugin that I use in Cubase while recording when I'm tweaking my settings sometimes. It's free, you can get it here: http://www.voxengo.com/product/SPAN/

wow.

Im honestly buying one tomorrow! theres a used one in a local shop thats not been getting any interest for ages so im gonna have it now methinks, was just about to post to see what you guys thought of them for metallica stuff, this answers it perfectly! 8)

Those tones were sweeet. I've never heard anyone nail those guitar sounds like that :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back