Metallica guitars...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dethrattle

Reaction score
l_df529704e252427397b1eb8911bb254f.jpg

1984 Gibson USA Reissue Explorer, 1991 ESP Custom Kirk Hammett Neckthru, 1993 ESP Custom Kirk Hammett Bolt on.
Explorer is wired at 27 volts with Emg 85 in bridge and 60 in neck. Explorer was was upgraded with original black chrome hardware, Bottom- 1991 ESP Custom wired at 27 volts with Emg 85 in bridge and Emg 81 in neck, Top- 1993 Esp Custom wired at 27 volts with Emg 85 in bridge and Emg 89 in neck.

does the bottom KH custom have an ebony fingerboard? It appears to be a lot darker than the top KH model. Awesome guitars BTW! One day I hope to have at least one of those KH models myself!

-AJH

By the way, here's a pic of my old original '84 Explorer. Is your reissue mahogany or basswood like mine was?

IMAG0004.jpg

Thanks!!!
The bottom KH does have an Ebony fretboard. It was ordered late Dec. 1990 and it was finished Sep. 1991. It has a very different neck cut and contour. The top one and all others I have played and seen have the same neck contour. It came with a schaller/esp double locking.
The explorer is made of mahogany and is sporting an ebony fretboard.

That's awesome man, which neck contour do you prefer? (Just curious) And do you prefer the neck-thru or the bolt on? Is there any sustain or tonal differences that you notice (besides the different EMG's :lol: )

-AJH

Back