Metal Amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone here had a chance to rock out on a Diamond amp yet? I am mainly interested in the Spec Op or the Phantom... but reviews and clips(besides the shitty, overproduced ones on the Diamond site) are few and far between.

Tim from 311 claims to have used all Diamond amps on the new album, and there are some downright THICK sounding riffs on there.

I started out with a Spitfire 2 (which I loved) then a Spec Op (not for everyone) now I have the Decada (its one of only 2 as of right now). I love the Decada. Its not available yet but will be soon. The Spec Op is a super articulate amp. It did not like the burst buckers in my Paul. It really likes active hotter pickups. The Phantom is like a super hot JCM 800. I never really had a chance to rip it though. Just turned down in a small room. All of there amps are a little bright by design. They are ment to be played in a band setting. You may not dig the tone in your room but look out on stage!

ahk nice thanks guys, im still undecided, i played a 6505+ the other day and was quite surprised, i do like the versatility of the mesas tho so hmhmhm :S

When I get some extra change i'm going to grab me a 5150, they go real cheap and are amazing metal amps.

yeah,
today i tried a bogner uberschall and a peavey penta and valve king, a local made amp, and a soldano avenger, and a JCM 800 just for kicks
the 800 has a big sound, the bogner makes you feel more involved in the sound? im not sure how to explain it, and the soldano had a kick *** crunchy metal sound that i loved.

AHH I love the current palette of tones available nowadays. Honestly most of the best "metal" tones you hear have a blend of more than one amp. Artists usually have a ''go to'' amp for their ''personal'' tone, but on an album the best tones are a blend of a few amps. For me a 2ch Dual suits me live perfectly. But in a studio situation there are about 3 or 4 more amps I'd love to blend to be ''my'' tone.

For my band's newest cd, we used a Hughes and Kettner TriAmp MkII, a Bogner Uberschall, and my Triple Rec, layered by re-amping. Sound is HUGE. Any or all three of those heads produce some awesome metal tones.

-AJH

iv played through the triamp, but not taking much notice of it, does it really do metal?

Man the studio I was recording at about 5 years ago in LA had a H&K TriAmp sent to them to try out. The entire top of the shell came off when they went to take it out of the box!

It sounded like crap too. But man did it LOOK cool when turned on!!! :lol:

MesaENGR412 said:
For my band's newest cd, we used a Hughes and Kettner TriAmp MkII, a Bogner Uberschall, and my Triple Rec, layered by re-amping. Sound is HUGE. Any or all three of those heads produce some awesome metal tones.

-AJH
I always forget about the triamp. Those amps can flat out shed. They can pretty much do everthing very well.

funnily enough, somethings just come up and i might be able to get a trilogy, arnt they just a cut down version of the triamp?

Latest posts

Back