Mesa's warranty - question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy

Reaction score
I have a very new LS and the rectifier tube rattles like crazy and produces a strange hissing noise. Even when it's on standby I can hear the thing hissing and rattling in the back on my amp.

My question is: Does anyone know if Mesa will replace this under the 6 month tube warranty? Would they consider it to be a faulty tube?

Also, while I'm on the topic of their warranty- my LS came with a defective track-loc (the button will not push in far enough to get the caster over). Do you think I would be able to get this fixed free of charge under warranty?

I'm going to call them on Monday, but I was really hoping someone on the board had an experience similar to this and could help me out!

Thanks!

I have the same problem, albeit not as bad with the rectifier tube. Mine rattles in the frequency of E, however changes some days to G and A. Drives me nuts at low volumes. I called mesa and they said you havta expect some of that with combo amps, and to tighten the buterfly holding lip thingy. Well that didnt work, but I am kinda used to the rattle now, and I just crank it if it becomes to annoying.

mine does not hiss though. I would call them!

Troy said:
I have a very new LS and the rectifier tube rattles like crazy and produces a strange hissing noise. Even when it's on standby I can hear the thing hissing and rattling in the back on my amp.

My question is: Does anyone know if Mesa will replace this under the 6 month tube warranty? Would they consider it to be a faulty tube?

Also, while I'm on the topic of their warranty- my LS came with a defective track-loc (the button will not push in far enough to get the caster over). Do you think I would be able to get this fixed free of charge under warranty?

I'm going to call them on Monday, but I was really hoping someone on the board had an experience similar to this and could help me out!

Thanks!

707 778 6565 . Call Mesa artist relations . Im sure you paid lots of hard earned money for the amp and you have a warranty . They should send you a new trac loc and tube in question .

They're sending me a new rectifier tube and a new track-loc plate! My customer service experience over the phone today was by far the best I have ever had with Mesa. I couldn't be happier! :D

My F-50 is at a repair shop now to fix an assembly defect (the motherboard wasn't mounted properly, which caused a couple of solder joints go let go). I have to say that Mesa's customer service is top-notch. The whole process (except for being without my amp, of course) has been virtually painless. I'm even getting a free complete retubing out of it.

Glad to hear that you're getting your problem solved, too. :D

Troy said:
They're sending me a new rectifier tube and a new track-loc plate! My customer service experience over the phone today was by far the best I have ever had with Mesa. I couldn't be happier! :D

Thats exactly how it should be . You put down your money and you have a warranty . End of story .

Back