Mesas in New York City

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groovetuber

Reaction score
Not exaclty sure where this thread would go, but can anyone suggest some places in New York that I could check out some Mesas. I am interested in at least trying out the 2 channel DR and the Roadster (Head Version). I am going to be going to NYC with my dad soon, so I figured I'd hit some guitar stores since they are all over the place in NYC. What stores have best deals for Mesas? Thanks!

on 48th street between 6th and 7th theres a store called rudys music shop, they are the mesa dealer for manhattan, tho they dont have any used mesas last time i checked, another out of the way but cool guitar store is 30th street guitars between 7th and 8th on 30th street, also ludlow guitars on ludlow street on the lower east side occasionally has some used mesas.

for new mesa go to rudys, to look for used stuff try 30th street and ludlow.

btw 30th street is the BEST vintage and used gear store in nyc, awesome gear there

Awesome, thanks a lot man. I was actaully checking out the dealers on the Mesa Boogie website and I saw Rudy's listed there so I gave them a call and they have the Roadster in stock, so I am looking forward to checking that out! I think I actaully may have been to Rudy's before. I go to NYC pretty often and the name sounds really familiar. Anyway, I'll ahve to check out those other stores too, thanks!

The trips I have made to NYC have allowed me to make short trips to Manny's, 48th St Music and one other shop in that area I can't remember. I didn't feel comfortable there doing a test drive on anything. There's lots of tourists and it feels worse than a GC on a Saturday afternoon. Sales reps were no where to be found. But it's a tourist area for the most part. Guilty, I was a tourist too.

If you have the time and mobility, try the GC on rt 18 in East Brunswick, NJ. They have a room full of new and used Mesas. You will have more time and selection if your are looking for something to buy or at least demo.

It was a few months ago when I was in GC. I remember 5 or 6 used Mesas being in the store. 1x12's, some heads and some 4x12 cabs. I usually demo guitars thru a LSS, LSC or a Fender Deluxe Reverb RI. Give them a call, the sales guys are usually pretty helpful in there.

ok before you end up in jersey at a guitar center you must know i did not suggest any stores he mentioned on 48th street i suggested one, the only decent one, go to there website just search google and you will see, they have an amp room which they regulate and dont just leave cables around so people can just sit down and plug in, its a boutique shop, no squiers, crates, b 52s, its all good ****, if you need to go to a guitar center then i suggest the one in queens as it is a subway ride away and about as decent as any, its in astoria queens. there is a guitar center in manhattan but because of mesas rules they cant sell mesa cuz of rudys.

im holding to my fact that rudys is the best for mesa in the new york area and that you should check out 30th street guitars, which is a nice real independent but well stocked shop, they also have an awesome pedal collection as does rudys

CudBucket said:
+1 for Rudy's. Got my RKII there. Ask for Jesse or John.

cool guys, you have to be conscious of the fact they have people who are looking just doing a 48th street run through all the time, so you have to you know be appropriate

Well, I'm definately gonna check out Rudy's.... I know I've been there before I just can't remember what it looks like. My dad actaully got his razor's edge and acoustic image setup there, he said it was just packed with top of the line gear. What is your name again CudBucket, I see you over at the Petrucci board all the time (I'm Erotomania88 over there). When you got your RKII, did they mind if you really cranked it up? Were you able to play for a long time?

groovetuber said:
Well, I'm definately gonna check out Rudy's.... I know I've been there before I just can't remember what it looks like. My dad actaully got his razor's edge and acoustic image setup there, he said it was just packed with top of the line gear. What is your name again CudBucket, I see you over at the Petrucci board all the time (I'm Erotomania88 over there). When you got your RKII, did they mind if you really cranked it up? Were you able to play for a long time?

i can answer the cranking up question... yes they do. i was in and out of there for a month before i decided on the rectifier, i cranked and uberschall, ecstacy, orange, rivera, blockhead, mark 4, f series... a bunch of crap and the guy did crank it, theres a little room where he closes the door and assaults you with sound and you play this pretty bad *** strat thats been modified to hell but sounds great.. or your own guitar if you want obviously.. but yeah he was like well for low end the uberschall is it and turned it up to around 1 oclock... when i was standing a foot awa from it... so yeah they give you time to mess around plus they really know alot about the amps, theyll go around the back and switch thru e verything for you its great

diamondschwin said:
groovetuber said:

i can answer the cranking up question... yes they do. i was in and out of there for a month before i decided on the rectifier, i cranked and uberschall, ecstacy, orange, rivera, blockhead, mark 4, f series... a bunch of crap and the guy did crank it, theres a little room where he closes the door and assaults you with sound and you play this pretty bad *** strat thats been modified to hell but sounds great.. or your own guitar if you want obviously.. but yeah he was like well for low end the uberschall is it and turned it up to around 1 oclock... when i was standing a foot awa from it... so yeah they give you time to mess around plus they really know alot about the amps, theyll go around the back and switch thru e verything for you its great

Wow, that's awesome, I'm glad to hear they know a lot about amps. That will for sure be helpful. I'm glad you get to go in a separate room too..... not to sound arrogant or anything, but I just don't like being in a crowd of people while trying to test stuff out.

groovetuber said:

I never tried my RKII in the store! :shock: I drove in, pulled it from the box, made sure all was well and ran home with it.

I did crank an Uberschall there though. They don't mind loud playing. They just don't let every 15 year old do it while they rest their feet on the Bad Cats. :lol:

By the way, no returns on amps after you take it home. :shock:

Ok, I finally made it to NYC. I'd like to try out a medium Mark IV head. I already checked out Rudy's, Manny's, and one other place and none of them had a Mark IV. Rudy's had a Roadster that I might check out. Can any of you guys tell me ome other shops to check out that might have a Mark IV? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back