Mesa users - would you disown me?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex1564

Reaction score
If I ran a POD XT Live, X3, or Boss GT-8 through my Roadster and 2x12 cab? I've been set on selling the Mesa rig, but I really like the tweed setting - but would it be blasphemous to use such a nice setup simply for projecting digital modelling?

Thats like putting a chainsaw motor in a ferrari...

:D

But to each his own... whatever gets you to YOUR blissful tone. Thats what matters!

You might want to research the Digitech GSP1101 as you can integrate modeling and your amp seamlessly. The GSP actually has good bit of dynamics and good tone to boot. I use the GSP in conjunction with a Mark IV head and it works very well for adding effects and all of the preamp tones i want but can't justify buying seperately (marshall, vox, fender, etc). I have not compared the models to the actual amps but they sound good to me and have kept my wallet closed to the Fargens, AC30's, etc of the world :)

Greg

alex1564 said:
If I ran a POD XT Live, X3, or Boss GT-8 through my Roadster and 2x12 cab? I've been set on selling the Mesa rig, but I really like the tweed setting - but would it be blasphemous to use such a nice setup simply for projecting digital modelling?

just out curiosity are you intending on using any of those modellers as your preamp? choose your answer wisely :evil: just kidding, but on a serious note if that is the case, you do realize your basically playing a modeller through a $2000 power amp right? for the sake of everything that is good i would look into selling the roadster and either grabbing an atomic powered cab (which work really well with the pod and gt8) or look into a good power amp (mesa 2:50, vht 2:50:2 or whatever).... doing this will 1) save you money 2) not make you a blasphemer and 3) just make logical sense

or

if you're set on modellers do youself a big favor and get a fractal audio axe-fx..... that and a good power amp and you'll have great tone and the flexibility of any modelling 9except you'll actually sound good..... sorry i could help myself)

none the less whatever you do i highly recommend NOT using a roadster as just a power amp..... mind you i've used modellers in the past with my roadster but more for the multi-fx.... BTW is that 2x12 cab by any chance a roadster 2x12.... i'll buy it from you if you're intent on selling it :wink:

Yes, that would be blasphemous. My friend had to run a POD thru a recto for a while, until I got him to buy a CFX4 unit that allowed him to put the pod in the loop and switch channels on the amp with the pod floorboard.

But if you have no intention of using the amp, you're not only wasting its potential, but sitting on a big pile of cash. It's much easier to get a simple PA or power amp and use that.

Elpelotero said:
Yes, that would be blasphemous. My friend had to run a POD thru a recto for a while, until I got him to buy a CFX4 unit that allowed him to put the pod in the loop and switch channels on the amp with the pod floorboard.

But if you have no intention of using the amp, you're not only wasting its potential, but sitting on a big pile of cash. It's much easier to get a simple PA or power amp and use that.

man i have to work on being to the point..... thats exactly my point only shorter

I always use what ever strikes me as sounding good, without regard to what it might be.

If you're enjoying it, keep on doin'g it :)

AJ_Newkirk said:
I always use what ever strikes me as sounding good, without regard to what it might be.

If you're enjoying it, keep on doin'g it :)

true but he can also save a bunch of $$$ and still get great tone by selling the roadster and just getting a nice poweramp..... but yeah if it sounds good and money is no issue then go for it

jdurso said:
Elpelotero said:

man i have to work on being to the point..... thats exactly my point only shorter

I hate to be blunt, but it's kind of true...Do whatever is best for you though. As long as you're having fun.

What is weird to some is the norm for others. My friend was doing all kinds of crazy stuff with pedals and Pods to make his amp sound good. To him, that was a normal way to find tone, whereas I would start with a good amp sound and then use effects to enhance the amp. It's all good, but kind of like buying a Lotus to tow a hay bailer. Use the (BLANK) modeler as a blueprint to get sounds out of the Roadster. Then never speak of this again. :lol:

:lol:
Thats like putting a chainsaw motor in a ferrari...
:lol:

How else would you get the windows down?????

If the pod has the tone you are looking for, sell the Roadster and get a powered mixer.

Seems very counter productive to me, but your tone is your tone.

Latest posts

Back