Mesa Triple 3ch vs Mesa Road King Series II heads

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaColiseum300

Reaction score
I would like to buy a new amp, so I have to take a decision between a Triple Recto or a Road King Series II. I like very much high gain tones with great bottom end because I play technical death metal, but I also need good clean tones and if possible a parallel-serial fx loop. I have played a triple (powerful!!),but I have never played a Road King series II, so I would like to know if a Road King could have the same tones of a Triple ( brutal distortions), please, if anyone could give me some suggestions about it I thank all in advance.

The 3rd and 4th channels of the Road King are supposed to be the 2nd and 3rd channels of the Rectifier series, (Triple/Dual) and the RK's cleans will stomp the Triple's. Comes with one series and one paralell FX loop I believe.

I own a dual and have never played a RK...

But, from what I've heard, the RK, though more versatile, lacks a bit of the sheer brutality that the regular rectos have.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
I own a dual and have never played a RK...

But, from what I've heard, the RK, though more versatile, lacks a bit of the sheer brutality that the regular rectos have.

Negative. It's a beast. IMO, it's closer to the 2 Channel than the 3 channel.

Jagshemash!

I have triple and it makes for nice brutal distortions!

Please be my friend on the My Spaces!

:wink:

depends where you live, while the road king is a better amp it is also double the price of a dual rec in australia. but if your in the states where mesa's are much cheaper get the RK.

MesallicA said:
depends where you live, while the road king is a better amp it is also double the price of a dual rec in australia. but if your in the states where mesa's are much cheaper get the RK.

I live in Europe, the Road King Series II costs 5000 US$ (4000€). It's surely the most expensive amp in Europe. i have no problems to spend 5000 US$, but I would like to know if RK II is better, particularly for distorted sounds, because unfortunately I have never tried it (I have instead played a Triple 3 ch). Thanks to all, any suggestion is welcome.

PS : I have thought to order in the USA a Road King Series II + a Triple Rectifier both for 4000 US$, ****, 2 amps at the european price of 1!!!!!!!!! In Europe taxes are exagerately HIGH!!!!!!!!

I bought a RK II in may 2006. The italian official dealer (Mogar Music) lent me a triple recto, since I had been waiting for the RK for 8 months ( :evil: ) and I can assure you that the triple can't compare to the RK.
The RK clean is awesome (even with an Ibanez :D), with the progressive linkage you can obtain as many different sounds as you want and you can set the head at 50w, crank the volume up and enjoy the great tone that comes out of your cab. It costs a lot more but when you play it... :)

I A/B'ed my RKII against a Dual and a Triple Recto when I bought it and the character of the distortion channels was a lot better to my ears on the RK - much less buzzy and more responsive to my picking.

The cleans obviously blow away the Rectos as well...

Do yoy know where I can buy the diamond plates for my RK II and for the RK speakers cab?! Here in Italy you just can't find anything! :evil:

ibanez4life SZ! said:

Uh, nope.

Latest posts

Back