MESA Single Rectifier 50 Series 2 Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fret-Shredder

Reaction score
Anyone have a review on this head? I hear the 50 watt head crunches out sooner than it's bigger brothers the Dual and Triple. And is easier to practice with a lower volumes but still maintains great tone at the lower volumes. Does that pretty much sum it up. let me know as I am considering the Single Series 2. Thanks , Michael :shock:

That's pretty much it :D

Of course, the Single is not as versatile as the Dual or the Triple, since it is only a 2 channel head, but for me personally, it has the things that I need from a Recto. And it sounds like a 100% Recto!

I have compared my Single to my friends Dual Recto, and they sounded nearly identical. The Single sounded as big as the Dual. Of course the Single doesen't have as much headroom as the Dual or Triple, but it has it advantages.

You might still need a power atteunator, since it still is a very, very loud amp.

Drive the output and bring down the master for powertube saturation. Raise the gain just a little. Sounds good at low volumes, not as good as cranked but still not bad.

Of, course I play a dual at low volumes with no power soak and don't mind it.

TomiR said:
That's pretty much it :D

Of course, the Single is not as versatile as the Dual or the Triple, since it is only a 2 channel head, but for me personally, it has the things that I need from a Recto. And it sounds like a 100% Recto!

I have compared my Single to my friends Dual Recto, and they sounded nearly identical. The Single sounded as big as the Dual. Of course the Single doesen't have as much headroom as the Dual or Triple, but it has it advantages.

You might still need a power atteunator, since it still is a very, very loud amp.

Thanks bro for the input. :D

clutch71 said:
Drive the output and bring down the master for powertube saturation. Raise the gain just a little. Sounds good at low volumes, not as good as cranked but still not bad.

Of, course I play a dual at low volumes with no power soak and don't mind it.

Awesome :D

Latest posts

Back