Mesa S.O.B. "Son of a Boogie" head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therieldeal

Reaction score
Anyone here have one of these, or even seen one? It seems to be a very early 60w mk1 reissue, an 81 or 82 if I remember right. I picked it up back in high school when I was a big weezer fan (before the green album came out and they started sucking...). Not sure if anyone here might like them, but their "Blue" album was recorded almost entirely with a very early mk1.

I don't really have a band anymore, so I'm thinking about selling this thing and getting a combo of some sort. The problem is, I have no idea what it's worth. I'll try to get some pictures up tonight. Anyone have any thoughts about this thing? Is it rare?

Jon

I have a 60/100watt SOB combo,and I think it is a great amp,although I loaned it to a friend a few years ago and havent seen it in some time,it is not a very desireable amp,as far as Boogies go,so it is hard to set a price.You dont see too many on ebay so that wouldnt be a good place to get an idea.I would think if I were going to buy one today,I would be willing to pay about $700-$800 for a combo,a head of course would be less.

so what do you think maybe $5-600? It's in very good shape, and i even have a pair of brand new electro harmonix tubes to put in it.

The 100 watt heads fetch 650-700, especially the somewhat rare blond head. The 60 watt combo, 675-825, depending on condition. I'd sell my my blond halfstack at between 1200-1300. The original blond metal diamond grille matching cab has its original Electro-Voice EVM12-S 200 watt speakers. Makes it an 800 watt cab. it will murder just about any unmodded Marshall 1960A or B you put next to it :twisted:

Gold top I had that same rig, wish I still had it. Sometime around 88 I was out in L.A. and in a metal band. My rig was taken to the local Cali valley GC and traded for a Marshall rig. It was a killer rig.

Latest posts

Back