Mesa Recto Preamp Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyntyr

Reaction score
Hi All,
You guys have been invaluable in the past so hopefully someone can help me here. I have had a Recto Recording preamp for around 2 months now and I love it, however I'm having a problem with the front input. When I plug into it there is barely any signal, channel 2 comes through very weak and I practically have to turn the preamp the whole way up to hear anything from channel 1. It doesn't appear to be a tube problem because when I use the rear input there is no problem, and all the solder connections to the input seem fine. Its not a huge problem as I mainly use the rear input anyways, but I don't like the idea of my Mesa not being 100% right so I'd like to sort it. Anyone got any suggestions?

As weird as this sounds, replace your REAR input jack. The front input jack signal is passed through the switching part of the rear input jack.

That should do it :)

Greg.

See, this is why I love this forum. While I may not know much about electronics I do know how to solder, so based on your knowledge I disconnected the rear pcb amd re-attached it and lo and behold, it seems to be perfect :D Thank you so much man!

Hey another satisfied customer !!

Make a little donation ... :wink:

Latest posts

Back