Mesa rectifier + G major 1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conor rocks

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I need help on a decision, i own an 08 dual rec with a parallel fx loop and i have the oportunity to own a g major 1 for $200.00. Now i heard good things about it and bad things and so other than people who own the unit say it freezes and what not they say it doesnt work well with parallel fx loops. Now all i need from this g major 1 is a noise supressor, chorus ,reverb and delay. Or i can get modern individual pedals from tc electronic like the hall of fame, corona chorus , and since i own a boss dd3 delay i dont need one, and possibly buy an isp decimator at the brand new retail $. What sounds more sensable where theres less frustration and i get great quality effects( plus i hear new tc pedals with tone print work well with parallel fx poops)

Mesa dual rec
Mesa a cab rectifier grey pipeing
Boss dd-3
Bc rich kkv emg zack wylde set 81/85
Me playing my axe \|m/

Hey There Mate,

I haven't ever tried a G Major or a G System, but I do own a Nova System. I have had it for over 8 months and use it every day. It has never frozen on me, the effects are mind blowing, and sounds amazing in an effects loop. As an added bonus you can run it before the amp and use the Analog drive circuit to add overdrive, distortion and a boost. It is a very versatile multi fx unit, isn't expensive and the modulation effects are second to none. Hope that gives you another option mate :)

Conor rocks said:
Hi everyone
I need help on a decision, i own an 08 dual rec with a parallel fx loop and i have the oportunity to own a g major 1 for $200.00. Now i heard good things about it and bad things and so other than people who own the unit say it freezes and what not they say it doesnt work well with parallel fx loops. Now all i need from this g major 1 is a noise supressor, chorus ,reverb and delay. Or i can get modern individual pedals from tc electronic like the hall of fame, corona chorus , and since i own a boss dd3 delay i dont need one, and possibly buy an isp decimator at the brand new retail $. What sounds more sensable where theres less frustration and i get great quality effects( plus i hear new tc pedals with tone print work well with parallel fx poops)

Mesa dual rec
Mesa a cab rectifier grey pipeing
Boss dd-3
Bc rich kkv emg zack wylde set 81/85
Me playing my axe \|m/
I use a G-Major with my Roadster's Series Loop with absolutly ZERO issues. The unit has been gigged (in a road case) for years and has been a very reliable part of my rig. IMHO the G-Maj sounds better in a series loop.

However, previous to my Roadster, I used the G-Maj with a Triple Recto with a Parallel loop and had good results with everything except the Noise Gate, Reverb, & EQ (due to the parallel loop). If I still owned the Triple I would have definatly modded the loop to series.

Hope that helps!
Dom

Latest posts

Back