Mesa offered a mod to fix blowing 5y3 problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spoke to the guy at our local service center, and he says "there are a few updates for that amp". He seems sure there is more than 1 update for the LSS.

I am dropping my amp off there tomorow.

Will I then be the proud owner of a LSS+? :lol:

AJ_Newkirk said:
I just spoke to the guy at our local service center, and he says "there are a few updates for that amp". He seems sure there is more than 1 update for the LSS.

I am dropping my amp off there tomorow.

Will I then be the proud owner of a LSS+? :lol:

When you drop off (or pick up) can you get a list of what those updates are? Would be interesting to see if they are reliability related, tone related, or other.

I'll definately try to get any information they are willing to share. I am a little hesitant to just drop my amp off and say "work on it" without knowing what all will be done to it.

I'll be sure to post any info I may get.

AJ_Newkirk said:
I hope that current owner can get the mod or update free of charge. I definitely hope that the updates include fixing the poping noise when switching channel, drive mini switch.

Mine pops when going from 4 tubes (30w) to 2 (15w). No problem going from 15w to 5w. I had it serviced a couple months back and the tech's conclusion was 'it pops a little but it's within Mesa specs'. So I'm hoping that they'd tighten the specs a little. :)
I also would love to see a footswitch for the drive. That would make it an 'almost 3' channels amp. :wink: A bypass switch for reverb. Less hiss (floor noise) on the output section. Ok wishful thinking so I stop now.

No "popping" here either,..
If Mesa has "updates" and a "fix",..for the LSS,..would they send out some sort of "recall" message's to the orginal owners?
If I hadn't checked this board,..I wouldn't even know about it!

ja22y said:
AJ_Newkirk said:
I hope that current owner can get the mod or update free of charge. I definitely hope that the updates include fixing the poping noise when switching channel, drive mini switch.

I was told I could get any updates installed under the warranty so long as I had a copy of the original sales reciept.

I had the same problem with the rectifier tubes popping. Blew a Mesa and a NOS. Sent it to CA..cost about $25 via UPS and they had it back to me in 8 days. No receipt, no charge, no return shipping.

Excellent customer service IMHO.

Greg
Austin, TX

When I took mine in they checked the serial number and called Boogie to see what updates were available for my amp. It turns out there were zero updates for mine...not even a rectifier tuber "update". The tech at the service center told me it was all based on serial numbers and that certain batches that need some sort of small correction. He would not elaborate on what the small correction might be.

I sent my lss to CA over 2 weeks ago and am still waiting for its return. I have been promised that it will sound just as good as before.

Latest posts

Back