Mesa Nomad 55?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fwdftw

Reaction score
So.. i played a used one in MINT condition at guitar center today talked to a buddy of mine.. i could pick it up for 880 out the door.. Sounds great.. any feedback on the amp? Sound about right on the price?

I have the 100W head version, i love it and prefer it over most amps. I have found all 3 channels useful. I'd buy it again!

I bought a pristine Nomad 55 on this forum last fall for $625. About a month later I sold it for the same amount.

Nice amp but needs the GEQ that only the Nomad 100 has. I couldn't get what I needed out of it.

I think $880 is very high for a Nomad 55. You're in Mark III territory with that price. An amp I guarantee you would be much happier with.

that is closer to what i paid for my 100 head at GC 3 or 4 yrs ago used. I only use the GEQ for solo stuff usually. So you may or may not need it. It is a little darker than other amps, and that darkness is all in the power amp. bigger grid stoppers on the power tubes.

Thanks guys.. guess ill just stick to my 2 channel dual rec.. for now.. WISH IT HAD BETTER CLEANS!!!

That seems a little overpriced, in my opinion. I got mine for 800$ out the door just a couple months ago. It's not mint, but it works, and does what it's supposed to.

It's very versatile, but like any Mesa, tweaking it can take while. I've come to find that just about every channel on the amp can create some sort of clean sound, whether you like a little hair around the edges, or need a good bit of headroom. I recommend going in one weekday around lunch time when no one's there, and just play with it for awhile. No one can really tell you what you like besides yourself.[/i]

For $880, are we talking about the head or one of the combos? Yeah, for the head alone that would be way overpriced. However, that wouldn't be a bad deal for lets say a 2x12 combo.

I paid $800 for a used Nomad 55 4x10 combo approx. 2-3 years ago (not long after Mesa discontinued them).

It was in near perfect shape. It was my first Mesa.

I liked that EL-34s could be used in place of the 6L6 power tubes.

Since then, I have found a used Mesa Lonestar Classic 1x12, and a used Mesa Stiletto Ace 1x12. I find I'm liking the LSC and the ACE, so the Nomad is now "backup". I may eventually sell the Nomad. It would be nice to get what I paid for it.

I got a THD Hotplate attenuator so I would not go deaf. The Nomad is LOUD. :)

-Gary K

Back