Mesa Nomad 45 Tube swapping

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncordy

Reaction score
I've recently bought a Mesa Nomad 45 and it currently has a quad of Sovtek El84s. I'm planning to swap these out for some JJ Tesla tubes, and was wondering if I will encounter problems with biasing etc.
Can anyone help?
Cheers

Mesa amps have a fied bias. You wont have any biasing problems because there is nothing to change.

Yep. Plug and play.

How do you like that Nomad?

Are you a gigger, or home player?

I've got a Blue Angel 1;12 combo and gig every weekend with it. Love it.

Best of luck.

If you want to use JJ's you are probably safest (from a bias standpoint) to go with Groove Tube EL84S tubes. They are JJ's that Groove tests.

I have a quad of 5 hardness EL84S tubes in my Nomad 45 and they are great.

Ok cheers guys. I've found that the Nomad has super cleans and low gain stuff. I haven't managed to find a rhythm tone that I'm completely happy with, but I've found a decent lead tone. I'm not really gigging at the moment, but had a jam with some old bandmates last night, and the volume is great, don't need to turn up past 3 really. Once I go to Uni I guess I will be able to use it more frequently. I play a bit of a range of music, with a tendency towards Prog Rock/Metal.

Latest posts

Back