MESA MK IV simul satellite info?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little-b

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I recently nabbed a pretty decent shape simul satellite head...How rare are these and is there any info on these anywhere?.... Can't find anything on Mesas' site...

Here is a previous post that includes a picture of the cardboard cutout that came with amp, which has some info:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4407&hilit=simul+satellite

In case you don't know, there is a 1/4" jack under the chassis that is for switching on/off the graphic EQ. You can run the EQ out on your Mark IVb to this jack, so that when you select EQ on your Mark IVb, the EQ on Satellite is also selected. Or, you can use a standard footswitch to perform the switching.

Also, as the picture states you can use all the tube combinations as the Mark IV:
4x6L6,
2x6L6 and 2xEL34
4x6V6 (tweed/simulclass settings only)

Oh. and they take pedals really well! And your preamps will sound great into the FX return. Enjoy!

Very cool...thanks I'll check it out...in one of my mesa catalog's I found a short paragraph about it. that's it.. and I still wonder if its rare or worth anything...

They are fairly rare, as are the Satellite 60's, which are the simpler version, without the simul class power section, graphic eq, or tweed power setting. I see them for sale only a few times a year.

Over the years, I have observed their value to be in the $500 - $600 range. Mark III's tend to go for $700+, and they tend bound the price of the Satellites, since the Mark IIIs have most of the capabilities of the Satellite, plus a 3-channel preamp and reverb.

I just noticed that there are two 1/4" jacks on the underside of the Simul Satellite chassis. I know one of them is for switching on/off the Graphic EQ. Does anyone know what the other one is for?

cho said:
I just noticed that there are two 1/4" jacks on the underside of the Simul Satellite chassis. I know one of them is for switching on/off the Graphic EQ. Does anyone know what the other one is for?
Good question...2 jacks underneath my satellite also...

hi -- does anyone have a Mesa Boogie Satellite for sale? It could be the head version or 1/12 version.

thanks - Tony

Alutok, you might want to post this in the Classifieds section.

Littleb, I found out that the 2 jacks under the chassis are BOTH for switching the EQ on/off. One is for switching it with a standard footswitch, and the other is for switching it with the Mark IVb Satellite EQ out. I am not sure what the difference is.. could be polarity...could be momentary vs. latching... I haven't actually tested it (I don't have a Mark IV anymore).

Back