Mesa MK IV Export power trafo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boogiebabies said:
Mesa did not make a 110V PT. If you are running 110V, or 100 you may already have the export transformer and just need to change the primary connection.

The primary taps are:

T2- Red
T1- Orange
0V - Blue

100V- Black/White ( Japan )
117V- Black
220V- Brown/White
230V- Brown/Red
240V- Brown

These do not have a switch like the X101, but the Power/Cap board shows you where to connect the correct taps for the different primary tap voltages.

Look at the part number on the PT. It should be 561137 or 561141. If you have the 561136 or 561140 they are US domestic units.

Boogiebabies: does this means that all the wires are inside all the transformers and that there is an easy way to convert a 117 V transformer to a 220 V transformer on our Boogies?
That would be great news for us, expatriates, that will be some day moving back home.
Sorry if I misunderstood your post and also thank you very much, in advance.
Daniel

why dont you just buy a step down transformer

this is the company I bought my 2000watt one from

http://www.newmarket-transformers.co.uk/autos.asp

Because, then, I will need to carry a combo and a stepdown transformer.
It is heavy and bulky.

If wires are there and if this is a not so complicated operation; why not do it?
Regards
Daniel

If Tom/Shep has the 561110 down under, we need to look at the primary wires to see how many there are. On the export there will be taps for 100,117,200,220,230 and 240 all with different colors. We are looking for White, Black/Brown, Black/Green, Black/White, Black/Red, Blue and Black for common on the primaries.
Mesa never listed the part number for the export transformers, but we can surely look at the wiring just to be sure the the 110 is truly capable of export wiring.

igfraso said:
Because, then, I will need to carry a combo and a stepdown transformer.
It is heavy and bulky.

If wires are there and if this is a not so complicated operation; why not do it?
Regards
Daniel

yep totally agree tell me how you get on,I may do it myself

Boogiebabies said:
If Tom/Shep has the 561110 down under, we need to look at the primary wires to see how many there are. On the export there will be taps for 100,117,200,220,230 and 240 all with different colors. We are looking for White, Black/Brown, Black/Green, Black/White, Black/Red, Blue and Black for common on the primaries.
Mesa never listed the part number for the export transformers, but we can surely look at the wiring just to be sure the the 110 is truly capable of export wiring.

I will pull her out tonight and i can tell you what each tap is.. sounds like they didn't have the 120 v trannys so they stuck a one of the older mk III exports in and hard wired it to 120v..

Thanks for al the help guys!
I'll try to make pictures this evening.
(could be tomorrow too, I've got a lot to do today, sorry)

greetz

jezzbro said:
Aart said:
I will have two blacks ready after the weekend. You will not be able to see wich one is the original :D

ON the hardwood side I still havent found a supplier... :(

Hi Aart,

When they are finished please show us some pix. :D

Thanks!

Will do!

I want to make some snkaeskins too in the future 8)

[/quote]

I want to make some snkaeskins too in the future 8)[/quote]

you are addicted, you are addicted,... 8)

Boogiebabies said:
The 561110 only has Black, Black/White and White Primaries.
Scatch it off your list.

Thanks for the info.
That means saving for a new transformer. :cry:
(and for some new filter caps, I'm beginning to hear ghost notes, or is it just my ears? :wink: )

thank you all for helping!

Boogiebabies said:
The 561110 only has Black, Black/White and White Primaries.
Scatch it off your list.

Pity!! It was too good to be true.
Thanks anyway. :cry:
Best regards

Back