Mesa MK IV Export power trafo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezzbro

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an early MKIVA (us version/110V)
With a stepdown trafo.
I want to put in a Mesa export trafo.
Does anyone knows where I can get it?
I allready send a mail to the importer in the Netherlands but never got a reply. :cry:

Thanks!

This guy can get you one(not an original mesa one though):

www.verelec.com

He's from the Netherlands and has good stuff/service.

BTW: Voerman will never answer your questions and tell you that you can't get it. Voerman is shitty.

http://www.verelec.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=38&products_id=544&osCsid=38aae7bbb8abf288273717f042be9df2

He seems to have a Mesa one...

jezzbro said:
Hi All,

I have an early MKIVA (us version/110V)
With a stepdown trafo.
I want to put in a Mesa export trafo.
Does anyone knows where I can get it?
I allready send a mail to the importer in the Netherlands but never got a reply. :cry:

Thanks!

If you contact the distributor for the netherlands they should be able to get you one

In the uk its Westside distribution dunno if thats who does mesa for the netherlands

I would only out a mesa in the MKIV and I would only have it installed by a mesa tech!!!

Just me :D

Wow! Thanks for the info guys.
I'll check things out and let you know.

thanks again

Jesse

I don't know what you mean by an export transformer for a Mark IV.

As far as I know, you can get a 117 V or a 230V transformer, but not the same export transformer that you could get with earlier Mark series.

I was told they didn't ship any export transformers with the knob selector on Mark IV's.
Best regards

igfraso said:

As far as I know, you can get a 117 V or a 230V transformer, but not the same export transformer that you could get with earlier Mark series.

I was told they didn't ship any export transformers with the knob selector on Mark IV's.
Best regards

My mk IV is a 110V version. I just need a 230V/240V power transformer.
(With or without the voltage selector)

Will the transformer from a IVB fit in a IVA chassis?
(without to modify the chassis)

thanks again

You could ask Nico Verduin, he mails you back in one or two days.

His service is excellent, I have done business with him multiple times and every time he informed me very well about shipping and one time one of his suppliers was slow so i got a free 12ax7 to compensate the waiting time.

Aart said:
You could ask Nico Verduin, he mails you back in one or two days.

His service is excellent, I have done business with him multiple times and every time he informed me very well about shipping and one time one of his suppliers was slow so i got a free 12ax7 to compensate the waiting time.

Ok, I'll mail verduin.

Thanks Aart!
Btw how are those headshells going?

I will have two blacks ready after the weekend. You will not be able to see wich one is the original :D

ON the hardwood side I still havent found a supplier... :(

Aart said:
I will have two blacks ready after the weekend. You will not be able to see wich one is the original :D

ON the hardwood side I still havent found a supplier... :(

Hi Aart,

When they are finished please show us some pix. :D

Thanks!

jezzbro said:
igfraso said:

Best regards

My mk IV is a 110V version. I just need a 230V/240V power transformer.
(With or without the voltage selector)

Mesa did not make a 110V PT. If you are running 110V, or 100 you may already have the export transformer and just need to change the primary connection.

The primary taps are:

T2- Red
T1- Orange
0V - Blue

100V- Black/White ( Japan )
117V- Black
220V- Brown/White
230V- Brown/Red
240V- Brown

These do not have a switch like the X101, but the Power/Cap board shows you where to connect the correct taps for the different primary tap voltages.

Look at the part number on the PT. It should be 561137 or 561141. If you have the 561136 or 561140 they are US domestic units.

Boogiebabies said:
Mesa did not make a 110V PT. If you are running 110V, or 100 you may already have the export transformer and just need to change the primary connection.

The primary taps are:

T2- Red
T1- Orange
0V - Blue

100V- Black/White ( Japan )
117V- Black
220V- Brown/White
230V- Brown/Red
240V- Brown

These do not have a switch like the X101, but the Power/Cap board shows you where to connect the correct taps for the different primary tap voltages.

Look at the part number on the PT. It should be 561137 or 561141. If you have the 561136 or 561140 they are US domestic units.

Hi Boogiebabies,

Thanks for the info.
I wrote 110V because that's what I measure on the output of the stepdown trafo. Maybe it should be 117V? I don't know. :oops:

The part number on my PT is 561110. :shock: That seems strange doesn't it?
Do you, or somebody else have info on this?

How can I upload a photo?

Thanks!

Boogiebabies said:
Tom saves the day !!!

It should have the primaries to wire it for the export voltages.
The unused taps would be shrink wrapped or taped off.

So bassicaly I allready have a export trafo!
I bought the amp secondhand (5 or 6 years back)
So the previous owner put in a stepdown trafo for nothing?

Ok, I'll open my amp again this evening.
This would be really cool!

does the same colour code apply to this type of trafo?

Thanks guys!

Back