mesa mk IIC+ bias and tube question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk19

Reaction score
Hi

Firts of all thanks you to the guy that recommended me the boss ge 7, it does make all the difference... Thank you so much. If you are reading this maybe you can help me with this. I would like to change the tubes in my IIC+ preamp and poweramp. I would like to use tung sol 12ax7 for preamp and maybe TAD 6l6 in the poweramp. Can I just change them or not, because of fixed bias. Will the mesa str430 tubes be alright without looking to bias? I dont know what the color codes mean, please help me out. I just want to swap the sovtek 6l6/5881 out without having problems with bias...

if I understand all this it is oke form me to put str425 mesa 6l6 ( green label ) in my IIC? Can I ask what preamp tubes you use, because my tech said that I had a little bit of preamp hum and it was caused by a preamp nothing else. THe preamps are 12ax7 from mesa, any suggestions for something else?

it is not a real hum its more like a normal thing when you playwith high distortion. My tech said this: You have some noise because your preamp tubes are going bad, change them, it is not a problem but change them in the next months or so... It is purely a tube problem thingy...

I have a 60watt no eq no reverb IIC+ combo. It was very hard to find here in europe, I spend 3 years on the net looking for a 220 volt one...

Back