• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mesa Maverick 2x12...SOLD!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deny

Reaction score
This amp has SOLD! You can catch it on tour with the band The States. The lead singer/guitarist's Vox blew up and they saw this one for sale and just left with it. After a few year's off the road, it's back on tour.

I've got a Mesa Maverick 2x12 up for sale. It has new EI power tubes and the preamp has five JJs and one unlabled Chinese 12ax7. I haven't had the amp that long and I really like the sound. So why am I selling then? Well, I've decided that EL84s are not my thing. It has that great chimey sound, but for some reason....the chimey sound doesn't suit me, and it is not something I want all the time...I'm only going to have one amp for a while. One other thing that's pushing me to sell is that this thing, like all Boogie 2x12 combos...is freakin' heavy. As for the amp itself, it has some noticable wear on the tolex and handle. I actually bought this amp from Matt Williams, lead guitarist for Blueground Undergrass, and he toured with it for about 3 years. You can actually listen and watch him playing this amp live here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAIpzVqBE28. You don't really hear the amp until about the 4:40 mark in the video. Anyways, the tolex has it share of marks but it really doesn't make the amp look banged up, to me anyways. The leather handle is fairly worn but still works well. I'd say the amp has plenty of character. The amp chassis, grill, cab, speaker, everything but the tolex and handle is excellent. I don't have a footswitch for the amp. The reverb knob on the lead channel does stick out a bit. Some have problems with knocking the knobs in on these amps, and I'm just guessing that was the case with the reverb at some point and they "over corrected" it. lol

I'm sure I may have left out something, so pm me with any questions. I really prefer not to ship this amp, but I will. In that case, I can get an estimate for ground shipping from UPS, including insurance and the cost of them packing the beast. I can provide an ebay username with 100% feedback (only as a buyer though) so you can feel comfortable dealing with me. I'm also open to trades, but mostly for only either a Mark II, Mark III, or maybe a DC-5. Either a head or combo. I'm asking $800 or best offer.

On to the pictures (that's a pick on top of the amp in the first two pics, btw, not a mark):

Mav.jpg

Mav6.jpg

Mav2.jpg

Mav3.jpg

Mav4.jpg

Mav5.jpg

Also might trade towards other 6L6 Mesa amps, depending on if I can talk the wife in to letting me go for something a little more costly. lol

Will now ship, but only to US. Also would do a partial trade for a Mark IV, which the wife has so graciously given me permission to get (sad huh?).

Back