Mesa Mark III - stripes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckula

Reaction score
Which (stripe)mark III amp with 'lead' channel will be most similar to mark's IIc+ lead?

Duckula said:
Which (stripe)mark III amp with 'lead' channel will be most similar to mark's IIc+ lead?
That is a long discussion and everybody has its own opinions. I would say the red stripe.

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/dot.html

I think any Mark III will get you "close" but once you play a C+ you'll find that "close" just doesn't cut it and you'll always be searching, tweaking until you finally buy a c+.

I have heard people say Blue stripe and Red stripes. Not really sure which actually sound more like it though. Don't be afraid of any of the stripes though, they all sound great.

rabies said:
just get a Mark V dude...

It's so expensive...AAAAND dolar is very very expensive now.

...and i have to pay taxes and the man who send me this amp to europe.

I would think that early black stripes would be close. I understand that some bs models shared the circuit parts as the IIc+. Maybe someone could provide more details on that.

crunch berries said:
I would think that early black stripes would be close. I understand that some bs models shared the circuit parts as the IIc+. Maybe someone could provide more details on that.

Yes, that's right. I've owned a blue, red, green, and now have a Mark III that has no stripe with a serial number indicating that it is one of the first Mark III's. It has the 105 transformer and I've been told by Mesa when I sent it in for servicing that the circuit is very similar to the later Mark IIC+, maybe a little brighter.

Latest posts

Back