Mesa Mark IIB Higher Gain Demo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup i pretty much use the same settings when i use my mark 2b for high gain, however i bump up the presence to 10 and also raise the eq sliders on the treble frequencies more!Although these amps can do high gain i don,t think the lead sound is tight enough for metal but it,ll do heavy rock type stuff no problem.The clean channel on these amps is awesome very round and punchy and easily sits in the mix for recording/ live work with only the amps reverb ,add some chorus and your in cleansville heaven.This amp also loves my pedal board through it,s clean channel.My band did a gig the other week and the sound guy came over after the gig to say he loved the sound of my mesa and was litterally drooling over my amp as i packed away my rig for the night lol.

ya if you threw in a nice warm OD pedal it'd be killer..but ya that's not bad at all man, cool 'higher gain' rock tone imo (i do use high semi loosely)

Yup i use a ts-9 set for a clean boost into a keeley modded ds-1 for high gain and into a keeley modded ts-808 for a rock crunch tone.I see you use the bb pre amp...also excellent.

Latest posts

Back