MESA in Guitar Rig 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds pretty good, especially the Monday blues. What guitar did you use?

I just bought guitar rig 2 - have to learn how to use it. What program did you use to record?

Nice!

I recorded "Monday Blues" with my Musicman Axis straight into Guitar Rig 2 and that was it, nothing else! GR2 has got two simulated tape decks and you can play over backing tracks, etc without needing anything else - it's great!

I've spent a while tweaking the sounds and that Monday Blues tone seems mighty fine to me. Like Gary Moore on steroids! It is meant to simulate a MESA Dual Recto on the orange channel in raw mode with a tube screamer stuck in front of it, a bit of mid-range cut on the EQ and a splash of reverb.

TheStoner ROCKS !

Wow great tone, great delay, great playing & raw emotion too ! I love clips w/ real feeling & any time the pitch was a little off you brought it right back home for a cool vibe.

Guitar rig should endorse you for this little promo you just did for them or buy you another Axis guitar.

What was the delay set up (type, mix etc.) Or any of the effects settings ?. How do like your Axis too ?

I thought you had elements of Steve Lukather in your solo & that's a very good thing. Nice work you stoner.

Peace ! UdaMann

Cheers mate! I try to mix 90% fast licks with 10% slow/"tasteful" ones to give an interesting contrast. I suppose there is a bit of a Steve Lukather or Neal Schon vibe in there - which is a good thing in my book as they are both great players.

The only real FX on the sound is a "long hall" reverb in Guitar Rig 2.

There are a couple of dodgy notes but, as you say, I then use that to pull my playing in a slightly different direction (and I'm too lazy to go back and fix them!).

BTW the Musicman Axis is a fantastic guitar - I've got three of them and thinking about getting another soon...

Very Awesome. I am really suprised with the sounds from this. Doesn't sound fake like most. Awesome playing as well!

Sounds really good! With these types of devices (all software driven) you can usually get some decent rhythm sounds but they really show their weaknesses with solo’s (or should I say single note stuff)
So pretty impressive.

Did you just get the software or did you get the board also?

6L6C said:
Sounds really good! With these types of devices (all software driven) you can usually get some decent rhythm sounds but they really show their weaknesses with solo’s (or should I say single note stuff)
So pretty impressive.

Did you just get the software or did you get the board also?

Yeah I've got the Rig Controller, and very handy it is too.

BTW, I've just recorded another number with the MESA setting. It's a metalised funk/fusion groove.

WednesdayFunkFusionThing...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=646875

Friday's smokin' - OK, now you have to share the settings for that. I just got it, and my attempts sound as if I'm playing in a garbage dumpster :roll:

So, please do share 8) Guitar (what kind?) >

I used a modified version of the "Green Graty" sound in the "Rock and Alternative" bank. I boosted the treble and presence on the MESA Dual Recto and added a CryBaby wah. I've found that the key to making Guitar Rig 2 sound good is to turn the "air" control on the speaker simulator up to max. That really helps things. Get all the levels really hot (almost into the red) and uses a guitar with meaty humbuckers. That should do the trick. I was playing my honeyburst Musicman Axis with floyd and d-tuna. Glad you like the results!

I've now added a new song using the MESA set-up. It's called "Van Helsing" and if you are a fan of BOC then you'll soon see why. It's a bit more slow and moody, but still heavy. The levels wander about a bit, which I'll fix at some point, but the right feeling is there.

It's on the music page of my website...

http://www.soundclick.com/mikestoner/

Latest posts

Back