Mesa Ignorant

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tele_jas said:
Just a little FYI..... If you get a 2 or 3 channel SR, DR or TR thats called a Solo head (most are, except the older ones), it'll have that solo boost your talking about so your soundman doesn't have to bump you up for your leads.

Check Ebay for good deals, but look at the sellers feedback.

I think you're dead on there for what I want. I also see from your post that you've got a Tonelab. How do you like it? That's something else I want to look into. I used to have a ZOOM GFX-8 and gigged with it every week, but it just couldn't take the abuse and I wanted to get back to that organic sound anyway.

Now I'm starting to look in that direction once again (not in ZOOM's direction, though) since the convenience of an all-in-one processor is looking more appealing than lugging my Marshall and way-too-big pedal board (or future DR and still-way-too-big pedal board) to church every time I turn around.

I'm interested in whatever insight/criticism you want to offer.

I love my Tonelab! I tried a PODxt Live, and it sounded to digital. The Vox isn't an amp, but I can play a gig with it and be happy with what sounds I get. I actually got a Crate Power Block to use with my Tonelab and used that setup for the first time tonight and after a bit of tweaking it sounded pretty dang good! Not Boogie good, but good enough that I'll be using it at more gigs than I originlally got it for.

I do use the Tonelab for practice and the super small gigs with virtually no stage. It's best to dial in the sounds through the system your playing thorough.... I've got a bank set up just for direct to the board, a bank set up for playing through my Deluxe and a Bank set up for playing into the Power Block. I sometimes wish I would have gotten the Valvetronix 2x12 (and I still may), but this sounds better for recording direct and thats also something I need.

As a matter of fact, my other guitar player had a Line 6 amp that went out on him he didn't know what to get...... Then he heard my Tonelab and the next week he had one. The Recto patch actually sounds pretty close to a Boogie too!! I'm very happy with my Tonelab and would recommend that over ANY pedal out there! The built in wah is pretty good too, I actually like it better than my Cry Baby!

Dale B. said:
CudBucket said:
The "Holy Grai" would have to be the Mark IIC+.

Exactly! That's the most prized and sought after amplifier that Mesa has ever made.

dont forget most overated too

at least for me..
my buddy picked one up and wouldnt shut up about it, and I think he kinda over hyped it because when I heard it I felt like it didnt really have any sounds that were completely beyond quite a few amps Mesa has made since.

Latest posts

Back