Mesa Head dosen't fit on Mesa Cab???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendog

Reaction score
We talked about this over in the Mark V section...

There is some dispute as to weather the Mark V will rest with all 4 feet on certain Mesa cabs. The reverb tank hangs down out of the bottom of the Mark V (I know, totally absurd for such a great manufacturer to do something so stupid) and smaller Mesa cabs have handles on top of the cab where the head sits.

Will the Mark V sit on top of the 2x12 Horizontal Recto cab??? How about a 2x12 Roadster cab??? 3/4 1x12???

I have four Mesa cabs-a Recto 2x12, a 3/4 back 2x12, an Express 23 1x12, and a closed-back 1x12. No problems with any of them, though the reverb tank is around 1/16" away from the handles. My Mark V is an earlier one.

I don't think I would call the fact the reverb hangs low "stupid" - I'm sure the amp was designed like this for a reason. There are a million different ways to get around the issue (should you even run into it, I seem to be in the minority, lol) so I would not worry about it too much.

I had the same problem with my Heartbreaker. I bought some fender washers (big washers with a small hole) and used them stacked as spacers between the amp and the amp feet.

droptrd said:
Or get bigger feet
+1
They're all over the net. Google is your friend. :D

Try these:
PENN/ELCOM 9145

http://www.penn-elcom.com/Default.asp?MC=1112010&GC=41&SS=&RC=3&Fl1=&Fl2=&Fl3=

You need to go to the hardware store and get longer screws. :D

Or buy a quad of those rubber furniture feet coasters from the hardware store. it only need to come up a little bit.
You don't have to remove or adjust anything. Just slide them under the 4 feet.

kartoffel said:
remove handle

Huh? That's how you carry it...

And why do I need to remove the handle of my new cab to make my new head fit (both made by Mesa)???

What I would do is to fit taller spacers inside the amp headshell to lift up the reverb tank so it doesn't hang down below the bottom of the wood. I can't remember exactly how it's mounted but I'm sure it must be possible.

I completely agree, I've always thought mounting the tank like this was stupid, regardless of whether it hits the cab handle or not - why put one of the more fragile components in an amp just where it's most likely to take a knock when you put the amp down anywhere except a perfectly flat surface?

Back